Mobile + home rewards
jt10128
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can't join mobile + home rewards using Verizon Up, when I try I get a pop up asking me to shop for Fios. I have Fios gigabit internet and wireless unlimited plan, so I am eligible for rewards. I'm tech savvy and I know how to use my phone and the app. I have even installed the app on another phone and had the same problem. I have been trying to resolve this since December and I have waisted 50+ hours trying to resolve this. I am just being sent from one department to another. Any ideas on how to convince Verizon to treat their customers with a minimum of decency?

Re: Mobile + home rewards
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good afternoon jr10128! As a valued customer, we're saddened to hear that you're experiencing issues joining Mobile + Home rewards since December 2019, while using Verizon Up. This is certainly not the experience we want for you and we apologize for your inconvenience. We thank you for the detailed information you've provided here and hearing that you've spent a considerable amount of time while attempting to resolve this matter (e.g. 50+ hours) resulting in you being transferred from department to department during this process, greatly concerns our team. Just to be sure we're on the right path to assist you, we'd like your assistance to ensure that we're providing accurate information to assist you from our website at http://spr.ly/66041crVI. Once you've accessed the website please scroll to "Enrolling in or changing Mobile + Home Rewards" and viewing the information provided at #1. Once you have both a Verizon Wireless plan and a Verizon Fios plan you can enroll in Mobile + Home Rewards at any time to start earning rewards. We know that these steps may take a few minutes to complete and we'll be right here. Please keep our team updated. - RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
jt10128
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have followed the steps dozens of times. I'm not allowed to link the accounts, I'm asked to shop Verizon

jt10128
Enthusiast - Level 2

I certainly don't feel valued but I expect you to fix this as I'm not getting $20 per month rewards. The way I have been treated by customer service so far is appalling 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jt10128

This is definitely not the experience we want for you. I will be sending you a private note so that we can better assist you. Please reply to that private note.

EdwardL_VZW

0 Likes
fcho218
Enthusiast - Level 2

I couldn't agree more. It's been two months and my Mobile + Home rewards are not recognized despite talking to customer service numerous times. Supposedly they've "escalated" (which probably translates to shelved because we don't want to work or be bothered) and that they're still working on it (for months on end - which means never).

AFM1101
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had the same issue for the past 2 months where I am not able to enroll and not receiving the discount on my wireless bill. I am do not feel valued as I had called several times and given no solution. The same issue over chat. The verizon app always runs into an issue when I try to enroll. I am also quite certain I enrolled in the discount in April as the discount is reflected on my Fios bill... I would like to see the discount back dated as it should be

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having to call multiple times without a resolution isn't acceptable, AFM1101. We value you and want to get to the bottom of this. Please be on the lookout for a Private Note.

LynnE_VZW

0 Likes
aweber1461

I am having the exact same issue that everyone in this thread is having. I just signed up to have your gigabit high speed internet solely because I have a Verizon unlimited plan and you offer this discount. When I attempt to pair as prompted to by your site and app am I told to shop high speed internet even though I already have. If this can not be resolved I will be canceling my high speed internet purchase scheduled to be install next week. 

0 Likes
jt10128
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got my issue resolved by reporting Verizon to BBB, and had a customer relations representative deal with this. It wasn't easy for her to fix but she canceled my phone bills until the issue got resolved (a couple months) so I'm not complaining. I recommend going to the BBB.