Highlighted

Re: Mobile Hotspot and 22GB Ceiling

Sr. Leader

I don't think it is shown on the Verizon Data utilization page. IF you use hotspot and the computer is using it play a youtube video, it will show up as video. The phone itself can tell you how much the hotspot uses

0 Likes
Highlighted

Thanks again.  That's what I thought, too.  Keeping track of my data myself isn't the same thing as having evidence to share with others on where it goes.  Tracking data on the device to show my wife will take a whole plan cycle. 

This seems like a line item Verizon will need going forward as people get throttled on a device. 

Highlighted

Everything sounds great except I can't find a definitive answer on whether streaming video via hotspot (using my PC to watch Netflix) will count against the 10GB allotment.  T-Mobile will let you stream as much as you want (at a lower res) and not count against the hotspot allotment (5GB in my case).

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Streaming video through a hotspot will count against the 10GB. Verizon has not announced any zero rated data (except NFL football select games and go90 app). It is not clear if streaming video on those apps will count against the 10GB, but all other video stream certainly will.

0 Likes
Highlighted

I wonder.

When I take my data only sim out of my MiFi  Jetpack and put it into my iPad  my account switches devices in the settings and then shows an iPad.   I wonder then if I use the mifi to 10gb  and then put it in the iPad if it gets the 22gb  and above.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

You will get 12 GB data before deprioritization can kick in. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

If I have a single line plan with a jetpack, will I have 10g total hotspot data or 10g each for jetpack and phone?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

10 GB for each device before the hotspot data would slow to 3G speeds.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Thank you. Does single line plan for $80 include jetpack, or allow jetpack with additional $20 line access fee?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

There is a $20 line access fee per device/$5 for smartwatches. Information can be found on the Verizon Plan Unlimited FAQ page:

How many devices can I have on the new Verizon Plan Unlimited?

This depends if you have the multi-line plan or single line plan.

Multi-line

• 10 smartphones, basic phones, Jetpacks or tablets
  • 20 connected devices like a smartwatch

Single-line

• 1 smartphone or basic phone
  • 2 Jetpacks, tablets or connected devices
0 Likes