Highlighted

Re: Missing nicknames in Call and Text Logs

NO!  It is names you can assign to numbers on your usage list or calls or texts.  It helps to see who is calling or texting in the history without having to remember phone numbers. 

Highlighted

This has nothing to do with the nickname I have assigned my devices, it has to do with the nicknames I have assigned to phone numbers in my call log.

Highlighted

No, this does not help!  We want the feature back!  We need to be able to add nicknames to the call and message logs.

Highlighted

It's now June 30th, and I still don't see my saved nicknames in my call and message log. 

Highlighted

Tionna this is not about naming the devices.  This is about assigning nicknames to phone numbers of people or companies that you call or text.  The many many messages on this chat help to explain further.  I'm sure that one of us could send you a pdf sample of what we are talking about since it does not seem like the various Verizon reps who have responded to date understand what we are talking about

Highlighted

Customer Support

TMcTX19, 

We hope that you reconsider your decision to leave and allow us to continue as your wireless provider. Your feedback regarding the removal of the option to nickname phone numbers on your call history has been uplifted to our online support team. It's appreciated as it allows us to hear your voice and recommendations on how we can be better for you in the future. 

LasinaJ_VZW

Highlighted

It's not just the missing ability to add nicknames that is gone, the text logs are now completely inaccurate as they  no longer show dates/times/to/from/phone numbers of ANY texts considered to be a "picture/video" text... which needs to corrected, parents of pre-teen and young teens need the ability to see ALL to/from texts being sent/received.  I want an accurate log of all texts, of any kind shown again.  Don't say I've sent/received 600 texts when your log only logged 399 of them.  You also can't just hit a "view all" button, you have to go page by page to check the logs which is a downgrade and waste of time. Verizon has gotten hundreds of complaints regarding these changes to the "usage" area of this website.  Put it back the way it was already!

Highlighted

Customer Support

I appreciate the additional details you've shared with me about the issue, frederickbailiey1. Let me ask some additional questions to get a better understanding. When you go online to My Verizon, and you viewing the messages based on the options available? Are you wanting to check messages on the other line of your account?  EdwinW_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Due to the recent platform change, we have been experiencing the issue where customers can't save, edit, or add device nicknames. The expected time frame of resolution is the following: 

06/29- Saved nicknames and call details will be restored. 

07/07- Nickname add and edit functionality will be restored. 

It is now 6/30 and the saved nicknames and call details are still not restored. When will this be fixed?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Community Members,

Thank you all for your recent feedback regarding the issues some of you have experienced on the My Usage page of My Verizon online. We understand that many of you have had issues adding, saving and editing device nicknames. We also know that some users are having issues seeing all of their call details when using the My Usage page via the My Verizon mobile version.
We apologize for these inconveniences and wanted to update you on some of the changes that will occur within the next few weeks.
  1.  On July 1st users saved nicknames and call details will be restored
  2. On July 8th The ability to add and edit Nicknames will be fully restored
Please feel free to reply to this thread or begin a new one if you run into any additional issues with this functionality. We will post an update on July 1st and on July 8th to let you know that the changes have been successfully made and all is working as expected. 
Thank you for your feedback and concerns and we look forward to restoring these functions so they are available for all users.

Thanks for your time!
Lauren
Community Manager

View solution in original post