Highlighted

Missing nicknames in Call and Text Logs

Yesterday my Verizon account changed. The screen info looks different than it has before and everything is simpler/downgraded/not a thorough. For years I have been changing the phone numbers in my call and text logs to nicknames for easy viewing and monitoring. They are all gone and now it’s back to just numbers with no option to add a nickname. The numbers can’t even be touched as a button. Any ideas? 

1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Missing nicknames in Call and Text Logs

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Community Members,

Thank you all for your recent feedback regarding the issues some of you have experienced on the My Usage page of My Verizon online. We understand that many of you have had issues adding, saving and editing device nicknames. We also know that some users are having issues seeing all of their call details when using the My Usage page via the My Verizon mobile version.
We apologize for these inconveniences and wanted to update you on some of the changes that will occur within the next few weeks.
  1.  On July 1st users saved nicknames and call details will be restored
  2. On July 8th The ability to add and edit Nicknames will be fully restored
Please feel free to reply to this thread or begin a new one if you run into any additional issues with this functionality. We will post an update on July 1st and on July 8th to let you know that the changes have been successfully made and all is working as expected. 
Thank you for your feedback and concerns and we look forward to restoring these functions so they are available for all users.

Thanks for your time!
Lauren
Community Manager

View solution in original post

Highlighted

A chat session updated me that with the new website changes they removed this ability to view our nicknames in real time and we can only see them on the previous billing pages. It is causing a nightmare for us to separate work related calls trying to match up numbers now. Years of info entered that we can no longer view...

Highlighted

I complained about this to the executive team and they had someone call me who was quite patronizing and rude. They basically told me they make changes to the website from time to time and that we basically have to live with them the way they are. 

Highlighted

I too have worked on adding nicknames to my account for years. This has happened a number of times, but eventually the information returned. Hope it comes back this time too. I cant see why Verizon would remove this ability.

Highlighted

I also had added nicknames for years and now they are all gone. This is absolutely ridiculous that they would do this!!!!! Ugh!

Highlighted

Customer Support

I'm sorry to learn you are having a hard time with the change. I'm not sure what change you are referring to. Is this a Verizon program? 

0 Likes
Highlighted

I’m having this same issue & it is ridiculous! Idk if it’s a Verizon “program” or not. It’s the call & message log for each line on our acct. It gave the option for us to click on each phone number & add nicknames that might possibly be in our contacts list, therefore it was a simple & easy reference that helped tremendously & now it’s gone!! An update? More like a downgrade!
Someone please look into this. This needs to be switched back.

Highlighted

Customer Support

Hello being on top of your log details is vital, especially if you are administering your usage. When did you notice the issue? What recent changes have you made? Are you able to add the nicknames again?

GilbertoL_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

The change happened recently this past week. We cannot add nicknames and the nicknames that we have added over the years is gone.  There's also less readable information in the logs. We would appreciate if you would just change it back to the old way before the recent site update.

Highlighted

that terrible....how rude. I hate the new format