Missing message logs

JILBER39

Hi, I have kids and I on a plan and I recently noticed that the text logs on my Verizon usage no longer she the texts between my son and I. Just between him and I.  All other messages show up. Why would this be? I obviously monitor the kids usages, and I'm wondering what he could have done to block these?  

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: Missing message logs

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, Jilber39, I know how important it is to be able to monitor usage, especially when you have kids on your account. I want to dive right in with you to get this resolved. Can you tell me more about how you monitor the message logs? What devices is each of you using? When did this change?

MelissaP_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

kaskewes

I have the same issue.  About a month ago, my husbands text logs stopped almost all together.  He and his brothers text ALL DAY LONG and none of these texts are showing up.  Some random texts were there but then this month - only two texts and I know that this is not correct.  Like I said he and his two brothers text all day long.  I go to my usage under my verizon to check the logs.  We both have Iphone 8+ recently purchased in March.  Up until May I could see all of his log - but now - only weird random numbers show up.  What could this be?

0 Likes

jav6

Do they have iMessaging turned ON and not using Verizon Messaging?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes

kaskewes

Yes - they are using IMessage - but he's always used that and they use to show up just fine

0 Likes
Highlighted

kaskewes

And here's one more weirdo fact - Verizon is using his old verizon number on the text logs for March and April - May is when the text logs disappear.  It looks like he is sending a text message to his old number in March and April even though the data log is for his new phone number.  He use to have Verizon years ago and the number that shows up on the text log was his old verizon number.  You can't make this stuff up -

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

kaskewes, It's important that everything makes sense on your usage logs. I can understand how confusing it would be to have this happen suddenly. Just to clarify, iMessages is managed by Apple and uses data for those connections. Any messages that are transmitted through this method, will not show up under the texting log.

However, it's very odd that this suddenly changed. Has he changed any settings recently or updated his software? The iPhone has a setting to send messages as texts if iMessaging doesn't work. This link will guide you to the right page for this setting (three options below the iMessage switch). http://spr.ly/6584DW69a This means that if iMessage is on, the phone will try to send that way first, but if it doesn't succeed it will send as text. Does this make sense? 

If you want to test this, have your husband turn off iMessaging and see if it shows up on the log. Once you test this, we can into the problems you're having with the odd numbers in your log. How does that sound? 

Joel_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

kaskewes

Did a reboot on his phone yesterday and now NO messages are showing up on the log.  This is weird.  AND the order of the messages on the log are incorrect and no amount of sorting makes them correct.  He has his phone set correctly. And there are no text blockers or cover me apps running on his phone.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

kaskewes,

I want to get some clarity on some of the information. When you refer to text logs, are you stating that you were previously able to see the actual conversations in your MyVerizon account, or were you looking at the date and time logs of your messaging history to monitor amount of usage?

Were there any recent changes at all to the account or device? Anything at all, because we want to determine what could possibly be related to a root cause.

Colin_VZW

kaskewes

Nooooo. When I go to My Verizon on the web and look under My Usage and pull

up our phone text message logs I can only see a few of the text numbers

that we are texting. I cannot see all of the text messages that are being

place. Not the ACTUAL message being sent but the number date time. No

changes have been made to our phones.

On Sat, Jun 30, 2018 at 3:12 PM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes