Highlighted

Minimum Service Contract Fee

ptlowe346

My previous employer paid for my Verizon service, and when I left allowed me to keep the number and the phone. I called Verizon to set up a personal plan. The nice lady I spoke with informed me my bill would be $90 a month. I asked repeatedly if there were any additional fees, she said there would not be. Imagine my surprise when I got that first bill and saw a minimum service contract fee of an additional $20 a month! Now if I cancel I will be charged a $175 early termination fee! I have called customer service repeatedly to try and get this resolved. I never agreed to pay this extra fee. Verizon will not provide me a copy of my customer agreement and I have requested it several times. This experience is the epitome of deceptive business practices. My plan is to pay the early termination fee and never deal with Verizon again. I could have ported my number to any service provider when I left my last employer and I chose the wrong one.

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: Minimum Service Contract Fee

Community Manager
Community Manager

We never want you to feel this way ptlowe346, and we don't want to lose you. I know we can turn this around and resolve this issue. I apologize if incorrect information was given, we always strive to give accurate details to our customers. So that we can take a closer look, I have sent you a Private Message.

RosanneM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

lukevinyl

That phone that your previous employer let you keep was purchased at a discounted price on a contract. This is why you would now have an extra charge when putting on any of the newer plans. The newer plans are cheaper because they don't have the cost of a subsidized phone built into it, so previously where you paid more for service ($40 line charge) but less for a phone, now you pay less for the service ($20 line charge) but more for the phone (same net cost roughly, if you do the math).

Unfortunately though you can't have it both ways. Had you (or your previous employer) purchased the phone at the standard pricing (device payment or at full price) you would certainly be given the benefit of paying only $20 for your line charge.

ptlowe346

I was told the price of the plan was $90 a month when i signed up. Maybe

Verizon should not lie to it’s potential customers in order to get them to

To your other point, I will have it my way because I am leaving Verizon and

will never return.

Hope you enjoy working for a company that engages in such fraudulent

business practices. Lying to customers is a poor way to build brand loyalty.

MELCAM34

This is not accurate! We have the same issue and we have NO SUBSIDIZED PHONES. All were purchased at full retail. Why do we have the same charge on 4 lines?

they said NOTHING about this when we switched to unlimited plan.

Ridiculous.

0 Likes

ptlowe346

Yes that information was conveniently left out when I was signing up as

well. I have asked for the customer agreement and Verizon is also refusing

to provide. Probably because they know I never agreed to pay an extra $20 a

month.

On Mon, Dec 11, 2017 at 2:34 PM, MELCAM34 <forums@verizonwireless.com>

lukevinyl

This is accurate.

I can pretty much guarantee you that what you are calling full retail is in fact the 2 year pricing. What type of phones are they and how much did you pay for them??

Either you are incorrect and paid the 2 year DISCOUNTED pricing, or there is a mistake and you would need to call in to Customer Service. Either way-- what I have stated in the previous post, is in fact accurate

0 Likes

lukevinyl

I do not work for Verizon. This is a community forum.

It's unfortunate the rep didn't see that you were still in a contract, but this is certainly something you want to make sure of before agreeing to a transfer of service as you are assuming liability of the line. That liability means assuming the contract and the upgrade eligibility date and so it would be in YOUR best interest to check these prior to accepting the Terms and Conditions that constitute the transfer of a line from a business to a personal account.

Once you do that and the lines have moved, you have accepted liability.

0 Likes

ptlowe346

Please show me where I agreed to pay this extra fee. Why will Verizon not

provide evidence of my agreeing to the cost of this plan? I never signed or

acknowledged paying more than $90 a month. Verizon should be transparent

with what the bill will be. This is a basic premise of business. When you

go to a store, the price on the shelf is the price one pays. When you take

out a loan, the terms are clearly stated - no surprise on the monthly

payment. Verizon seems to be the only company I have dealt with that wants

to obscure the cost and lie to customers. I am already leaving Verizon

because I do not like being lied to. Fraudulent business practices do not

get rewarded by me continuing to be a customer.

On Mon, Dec 11, 2017 at 3:39 PM, lukevinyl <forums@verizonwireless.com>

ptlowe346

And how convenient that the representative selling me the plans "did not

see" I would be charged an extra $20 a month. Give me a break.

0 Likes