Military discount for a female with a name change.

I applied for the Military discount on October 18 with my valid DD-214.  Since my service, my last name has changed due to marriage.  When I initially spoke to someone about this they said "No problem, I'll pass that up for review and since it is normal for a woman's name to change."  When nothing happened, I kept pursuing this.  I was told that I needed to be an account manager, and the account owner called for this and was told I am a manager. That was a couple months ago and it still doesn't show me as a manager online.  Regardless....in one of my e-mail correspondences with Verizon regarding this it was confirmed that I am indeed a manager.  When the account owner called again they said I am a manger but they needed my e-mail address, which we gave.  Again .... denied due to name.  I was asked to fax a copy of my marriage certificate.  The number I was give failed each time I tried to fax to it, so I attached it to the e-mail correspondence.  Last night I received a reply to this e-mail that I need to have an account manager e-mail my marriage license along with the DD-214 to yet another address....ok I've done that but I have my doubts.  However, if nothing else I am persistent. 

PLEASE do not tell me one more time that you thank me very much for my service....don't tell me SHOW ME.  Approve this.  Also, learn from this.  I'm not the only veteran who has changed my last name over the years.  If you require a marriage license or other proof in a name change, ask for it right away and give the person a reasonable way to get this information to you.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Military discount for a female with a name change.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello!

We want to ensure that this is turned around for you. We know how tough it must be to deal with constantly having more information being needed for a discount that should be simple. As an Air Force Veteran myself, I wan this process to be made as smooth as possible for you. What department has been asking for all of this information? Has it been our Employment Validation team whos number is 

FranklinM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Military discount for a female with a name change.

Thank you for your response.  I finally received a response from Tina E in Business Finance Operations this weekend confirming that I am eligible for the discount. 

0 Likes
Covid19