Military/Veteran's Discount DD214 Name does not match

So I uploaded my DD214 to get the veteran's discount on my Unlimited plan since the Corporate discount does not apply. My DD214 was rejected because the last name does not match my last name on the Verizon account. Welp, in the last 30 years I have been divorced and remarried. The SSN, first name and middle initial are the same. I chatted online with a rep who said there is nothing she can do but submit the DD214 for an "escalated review". Are you kidding me? Why is it so difficult? Surely I'm not the first person who has had a name change since leaving the military.

Has anybody else experienced the same and how did you get it resolved?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Military/Veteran's Discount DD214 Name does not match

I had zero success with the discount validation people and emailed Corporate Relations. The rep apologized and said the DD214 should have been validated based on the SSN. Got my discount! Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

I want to personally thank you for your service to our country. Sorry to see the validation process is taking longer than expected. At this time, it would be best to contact the Validation Team so they can let you know how we can get the discount applied.

https://www.verizonwireless-employmentvalidation.com/contactus/

T

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Highlighted

I had zero success with the discount validation people and emailed Corporate Relations. The rep apologized and said the DD214 should have been validated based on the SSN. Got my discount! Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

KLynneHeus, thank you so much for the response back. I'm so happy to hear that you were able to get the discount to be applied to the account. I do apologize, for the length of time that it took to get that completed.

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Covid19