Highlighted

Military/Veteran Discounts

When a veteran has a loyalty plan and it's not eligible for a veteran discount, it shows me Verizon is promoting a 'White Elephant.'

Labels (1)
Highlighted

Re: Military/Veteran Discounts

Sr. Leader

Not sure what that is supposed to mean. Not all Verizon plans are eligible for discounts, veteran discount or any other. Of course some people are never happy. You want the discount, sign up for a plan which is eligible.

Highlighted

Sr. Leader

An already discounted line should not receive further discounts, nor should a line receive overlapping discounts such as an employer plus a veteran's discount.

0 Likes

White Elephant, Worthless gesture to impress the public at large. I was told the Loyalty Plan does not qualify for a discount. A ploy to look good honoring the Military and Veterans. Slick Marketing

Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Nobody gets a discount on an already discounted loyalty plan.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Classic marketing, I disagree with Verizon Wireless on this one. I can go to Lowe's or Home Depot and purchase a 'sale' item and still receive my military discount. That is called a sincere policy honoring veterans.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

GBRich wrote:

White Elephant, Worthless gesture to impress the public at large. I was told the Loyalty Plan does not qualify for a discount. A ploy to look good honoring the Military and Veterans. Slick Marketing

You are correct, the Loyalty Plan does not qualify for a discount. This is a bare bones plan which is discounted and you do not have to be a member of any select group in order to qualify. All other discounts are not eligible on this plan. Verizon DOES NOT market the loyalty plan as being eligible for a discount, so much for "Slick Marketing". You wanting it to be eligible DOES NOT make it so, NOR does it mean Verizon markets it as such when they do not.

Verizon DOES market some plans as eligible for a "Military and Veterans" discount. Possibly THAT is the "Slick Marketing" of which you are thinking.

Of course, complaining about a discount not marketed towards nor eligible for a specific plan is some fairly "Slick Marketing" of your own to make a company look bad when in fact they DO offer plans eligible for the discount you mention. Verizon does enough to make themselves look bad, they don't really need help when in fact the help is not deserved.

Highlighted

We can agree to disagree.

0 Likes
Highlighted

I understand when something is sold as a lost leader item and it cannot be discounted any further. Verizon Wireless Loyalty Plan is far from a lost leader. The percentage of the Verizon Wireless customer base that hold a Military or Veteran status is infinitesimal. I'm still not impressed.

0 Likes