Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.
Message does not sync short code texts
jpgw2qq

I am using Message+ on my laptop in order to receive and respond to text messages when I cannot make use of my cellphone (for example, when traveling and cellular service is not available). Although I am able to receive and send short code messages directly from my cell phone without any problem, I am unable to receive or send them from the Message+ program on my laptop. All other text messages are properly synced to the laptop program and I have no problem sending texts from Message+ to any non-short code number.

Is there a fix for this problem or is this an intended limitation in the Message+ app?

Thanks for any assistance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Message does not sync short code texts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I very much appreciate your inquiry! Are you receiving short codes from one particular location or variety of places? Did you download the web app to use on your computer?
YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jpgw2qq

I generally send or receive short code messages from one location, which is Bank of America, 73981. I can send and receive messages from that location directly from my device. However, messages from that location do not appear in the Message+ window on my laptop; nor do messages sent to that location from the Message+ window on my laptop go through.

I downloaded the Message+ program directly from Verizon and I have confirmed that I have the latest version.

The same problem exists if I access Verizon messaging through the browser on my laptop's browser at web.vma.vzw.com.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Jpg2qq, I appreciate the information and thanks for getting back to us with this detailed information. Let's continue working on this issue and get to the bottom of this. Are you able to click on the Sync buttton on the Verizon Messaging window on the laptop?

GersonG_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

X

0 Likes
jpgw2qq

Yes, I am able to click on the sync button on the Verizon Messaging

window on my laptop. When I do so, messages to or from a short code

location, which appear on my mobile phone, are not synced to my laptop.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Let's get to the bottom of this, jpgw2qq. When you try to send a message to the short code, do you get any errors at all? When you are supposed to receive them, do they come through at all or are they completely absent?
LeoL_VZW

0 Likes
jpgw2qq

When I try to send a message to a short code from the laptop app, it is not

being sent at all. It appears in the laptop's app window but does not go

out to the recipient. The message never appears on the phone in my message

app. There are no indicated errors.

When I receive a message from a short code location, it will appear on my

phone, but never show up in the messaging app on the laptop. Again, there

are no error messages.

Thanks for your assistance.

On Sep 14, 2015 12:15 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Consistency with text messages, especially when they are relating to your bank is key. The information provided helps us get to the bottom of your messaging conerns. Has this ever worked successfully from your lap top? If so, when did you start having difficulties sending to short codes from your laptop? Does this happen everywhere you try to send a short code with your laptop?

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW

0 Likes
jpgw2qq

I set up Message+ on my laptop in connection with an international trip because I expected that I would need to get my messages when my cell phone would not be on the local cell system. I received all my messages other than one’s from the bank’s short code location. I could not send a message from my laptop to the bank’s short code location. There was never a time when short codes to or from Message+ worked on my laptop. The bank is the only short code location that I use.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

The additional information provided is very helpful jpgw2qq. I understand this was going on while you were out of the country. Are you still traveling or are you back in the U.S. If you are back in the U.S., have you tried sending a text message to the short code from your laptop?

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW

0 Likes