Message Log

Does my message log contain ALL text calls? Are there any calls such as a third party that would not be recorded in that log? If so would that information be available to me? What would the procedure be to obtain a record of ALL calls to and from my number?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Message Log

Verizon wont give you call specific details. They only will tell you what you see online. You have to get the police involved and have them call to get that info.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

You mixing text and calls together making your question confusing. 

Text log log will only show SMS and MMS messages. No third party texting will be seen. 

Call log log will only show calls made through Verizon's system.  Any third party calling apps, such as what's app, Skype, or FaceTime will not show. 

If if you give a specific example we can give a more specific answer. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

I have a text/message that is not showing on my message log (the to & from number, Date, time) I went on line and the person I was speaking to found/saw the call in his records (not my message log). I am assuming this must be a third party message (Facebook), He provided to me (reluctantly) some of the information I needed, so I know he had it, I called back 3 times to get more information on that specific call and no one would help me or give me any information. They have these records, do I have to go thru a legal process to get my own records ?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

It is possible someone else spoofed your number and he text/message/call never came from you.  This is fairly common. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Messaging and calls can happen on a variety of platforms.  Those that will show in your call logs and message logs on verizonwireless.com are those made through the Verizon network

Messages exchanged over iMessage (for iPhones), third party texting apps, Facebook (a third party app) and others use your data, and do not show as "text messages" as they are exchanged over the data network as data.  Similarly, calls over Skype show as data usage, not as a phone call, with no info as to the actual phone numbers.  For that info  you need to log into the specific app and see if they detail it out.

0 Likes
Highlighted

This is helpful, however Verizon does have the number (it was confirmed and checked by the rep that assisted me). Got most of the information I needed. He, however, was reluctant in giving the information. Did not push him on the number at that time. I assumed it would show up in the message log. When it didn't, I called back. The results of that call are covered in the original question, Why no response from Verizon on this?

Thanks for referring me to the specific app. I was able to view the content, but there is no number available.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Not in this case

Highlighted

Customer Support

I can see why you’re concerned with not seeing a message record on your usage log, RANHERO. I appreciate all your efforts. With this being a peer-to-peer forum, your fellow customers have had some great information for you regarding your records but I want to be sure we help you find a solution. What steps are you taking to look at your message log through My Verizon? How long ago was the message sent or received that you’re looking for? Are you looking for the date and time or the number the message was sent between?

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

I have the content  / date / time / person - needed the number. Call came in @4:22 am on 8/02/16 This message came thru a third party and would not show up on my message log which I access online.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Verizon wont give you call specific details. They only will tell you what you see online. You have to get the police involved and have them call to get that info.

View solution in original post

0 Likes