Highlighted

Re: Message+ Contact Sync

dschaefer

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "see it online".  Online where?

All my contacts are stored in Gmail.  When I add a new contact in Gmail, it is immediately visible online (in Gmail), on my tablet and on my phone.  However, the messages+ desktop application for Windows doesn't show any of them.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Allow me to clarify what we mean by seeing your contacts online, dschaefer. What we meant was by logging into My Verizon with your user name and password. You want to make sure you are using the correct user name and password to access the contacts that you have backed up to the cloud so you can access them on your desktop.

EdwinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

dschaefer

When I view my Cloud contacts on your web site it's empty.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

dschaefer We want you to be confident that your contacts are backed up. When was the last time you ran a backup using the Verizon Cloud on your device?

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

dschaefer

My contacts are all in my Gmail account, none are stored on my device. That's how I want it.

I did check the Cloud app on my phone and contacts are selected to be backed up, but none are.

0 Likes
Highlighted

dschaefer

Well, I went in and double checked my settings when replying to the above post.  Contacts were set to sync, but I noticed an area for email that was blank.  I went in there and chose my main gmail account and now my gmail contacts are syncing and they are visible on the windows app.

It seems that it won't sync unless you chose an account.  It'd be good for the app to let you know that.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Chefdavej

I was having the same issue and searched and searched for an answer. I tried everything. Uninstalling, reinstalling, uploading to every cloud possible. Everything. I was living with it but was ready to take my phone and Macbook laptop to a Verizon store for help when I backed into the solution.
I opened my Apple Contacts App (which I never use and had only 4 contacts in it which had migrated there years ago) and uploaded the csv file of contacts I had downloaded weeks before in trying to solve this mess. As soon as the contacts uploaded, all the contacts in my open Message+ app appeared! Wow.
Hope this helps others. So simple, yet just like road signs and signs for hiking paths in many parks, there are gaps in the information which they expect you to automatically know how to fill in. Not always the case.

0 Likes