Highlighted

Lost/Stolen Phone and Best Buy wrongly denied insurance.

Needing help as to how I should handle this. I went online to get information about how to file a claim and saw that for this line it shows insurance was denied.  I just signed up for the Edge Program and got the phone in October. 

I know there is no way on Gods green earth I would have denied insurance.  I extensively researched the ins and outs of the Edge program when it first came out and know its a necessity to ensure you are able to provide an accepted device when you decide to Edge Up or want to remove that line from your account. 

I just spoke with a rep on the phone who said I was basically SOL.  She also said its likely that the rep at Best Buy just skimmed past this screen and didn't realize they were denying insurance. 

Is there anyway to pay for the past months to have my insurance reinstated or any method of action I can take with Best Buy?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Lost/Stolen Phone and Best Buy wrongly denied insurance.

Sr. Leader

Basically out of luck. Can't buy insurance after the fact.

that is why it is important to look at you bill in detail, especially after any change.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Basically out of luck. Can't buy insurance after the fact.

that is why it is important to look at you bill in detail, especially after any change.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Just so you know, From 1/12 - 3/13 you can enroll in insurace during Open Enrollment. Call customer service.

Hopefully that helps.

Highlighted

Novice

From what I seen on here is that Open enrollment beginning next week

0 Likes
Highlighted

Somewhat similar problem and situation.  Had crappy service from Best Buy so I switched back to Verizon Protection Plan.  4 days later Best Buy went into my account and DELETED the service.  So now no coverage from Verizon and the're blaming Best Buy.  Best Buy is pointing finger at Verizon.  No phone. No coverage. No movement.

0 Likes
Highlighted

That is why always best to go to a verizon corperate store directly or calling customer service.  It may cost more, but it will save you in the long run like in the situation.

0 Likes