Highlighted

Lollipop update

jkhn

I would like to know what you guys are going to do about this update? My phone doesn't ring sometimes, my alarms don't go off, the stupid auto correct changes words that I don't want it to, I have to charge my phone twice a day because the battery  drains so fast, wifi connection is itermittentat at best, it is as slow as a dinosaur, my phone gets hot to the touch are among some of my MANY complaints. This is not the phone I paid for and feel like I got shafted by having to switch to this mandatory update. So what can I do do? Spend hundreds of dollars on a new phone with a new operating system? Basically I am stuck with this doorstop  of a phone which I feel like throwing out the window everytime I drive. I'm irate with this it is absolutely rediculous thta this hasn't been fixed by now

Labels (1)

Re: Lollipop update

JackieJM__

I have the exact problems N more ....I hate my phone now N I want this lollipop off my phone. ..Can that be done ??? I lost OVR 7000 work mssgs that were very important N cant find any of my stuff anymore....

0 Likes

msmammypie

Let's add that the call ringer turns itself down every time you restart the phone, the contact list won't let me choose a name that begins with W through Z because that's where they put the little "plus" sign to add a contact, the notification lights don't work, the battery doesn't charge or stay charged, the lock screen notifications are horrible and I want the old ones back, the color schemes are hard to read with low contrast, and I could just go on and on and on.  If I wanted to start from scratch with reinstalling all my settings, photos, and contacts, I would get a new phone rather than do a factory reset (which is not even guaranteed to work).  I pay a lot of money for my phone every month and I used to like my phone until this update came along.  Now I can't even get through the day with one battery charge, even with wi fi and bluetooth turned off, and why in the world would I want to use those features anyway...  I can just go through the cell tower for all my e-mails and data and pay Verizon for data overages, rather than use wi fi, right?  Walmart and a prepaid phone, here I come....

0 Likes

pherson
Leader

Did you perform a FULL FACTORY DATA RESET?

0 Likes

pherson
Leader

Good luck with your Walmart phone.

0 Likes

Snn5
Sr. Leader

No, you cannot "get lollipop off" your phone.

0 Likes

msmammypie

Snn5 and pheron, I don't know who you guys are, but why don't you give us an update on your real names and who you work for.  Your pompous, arrogant attitude about us little peons who don't know squat about squat is really tedious.  You seem to have time to respond to each and every post that is unfavorable about the Lollipop upgrade, and you make snide comments about the people who post, and you don't even know what you're talking about half the time.  So I can only surmise you work for either Verizon or Samsung  (or a contractor thereof).  If that is the case, please identify yourselves so we can all give your comments the weight they deserve. Do you get your phones for free and are you allowed to monkey with them all day at work on the company's dime? Most of us paid a lot of money for our phones and have to spend our precious free time dealing with unnecessary and unforeseen problems that make our lives harder and more complicated than they already are. You clearly have not walked in any of our shoes, so please stop passing judgment on us.

0 Likes

pherson
Leader

First of all we all pat money for our phones. Second of all neither of us work for verizon. Third it's not our fault that you are misinformed. Fourth I could tell you my name but what difference would it make?

Snn5
Sr. Leader

Yeah, I don't work for Verizon or any manufacturer of the devices sold by Verizon.  I speak from experience, and you can check my status for track record with the LP update and many success stories.  Some of us speak from experience, some from common sense, some from both.  You came here to rant, not receive answers.  He have both entertained your rants and offered assistance.  Oh, and I paid for my phone, the service, and usually do my research and rely on past experiences to resolve my Verizon and device issues, be they function or plan-related.  Contrary to your belief, not everyone has a hard time with updates.

0 Likes

MiiHere
Leader

Most every post on the forum is unfavorable or contains some type of issue; do you call any company just to give them a compliment?

We all respond because we believe there is always something new to try to fix the issue you're having. If you don't want help troubleshooting, then complain on Facebook or to friends. Post here, and especially a question and we offer suggestions that generally help people. The only time it doesn't is when that person doesn't want to be helped.

We get nothing out of it, have full time commitments else where, and I can only speak for myself, but I genuinely like to help people. We all just go about it a different way.