Line access fees?

shuttles

What are line access fees?  Why are they not included in my plan?  Is this just another hidden fee to rip off the consumer????

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Line access fees?

SuzyQ
Sr. Leader

Your "plan" is the data bucket you choose - S, M, L, etc.  Each phone line that shares that data plays a line access fee of $20, or $10 for a tablet, other amounts for other types of devices.  If the phone was purchased at a subsidized (discounted ) price in exchange for a two year agreement, the line access fee goes up to $40.  Phones on a device payment plan or purchased outright have  $20 line access fee.

0 Likes

SuzyQ
Sr. Leader

Your "plan" is the data bucket you choose - S, M, L, etc.  Each phone line that shares that data plays a line access fee of $20, or $10 for a tablet, other amounts for other types of devices.  If the phone was purchased at a subsidized (discounted ) price in exchange for a two year agreement, the line access fee goes up to $40.  Phones on a device payment plan or purchased outright have  $20 line access fee.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

shuttles,

Oh my! We don’t want for you to feel this way. Making sure you understand all aspects of your bill is key. SuzyQ did a nice job in describing some of the charges. Depending on the plan that you have, the line access fee generally is for the talk minutes & texting portion of the plan. What plan do you have? Once we know that, we can make sure we are providing you with the correct information.

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

sashag1

Does this also apply to unlimited plans.....

0 Likes
Highlighted

boringusername

@sashag1 wrote:

Does this also apply to unlimited plans.....

Go, Beyond and Above have the line fee baked in the pricing. Tierd and data and the unlimtied plan that came out in Feb 2017 have lines access becuase of the way the plans are structured

0 Likes

glitchedpixel

I appreciate the irony in OPs post. Those fees are there to *not* be hidden like a certain pink carrier. Current unlimited is just Verizon trying to be more like TMobile and I hate it. Should have stuck to the "new" unlimited with the easy to follow line access.

0 Likes