Highlighted

Lied to on phone several times, several issues dropped,and out $40 a month for worse plan

This will be a long post when I can add to it but.

As of may had loyalty go unlimited with auto pay but the discount never showed up even though I was it did.

Called about congestion one day and rep Jamie in CA said she saw I was throttled . She said I was and that and could add a courtesy bump me up to beyond unlimited. I said at the same price and with the same loyalty and military discount? She said yes. I said "make sure, because it's hard to get back on the loyalty plan if you mess up". Says she's sure.

2 lines

The plan went from 40 a phone (50 since my discount wasn't actually they're since they said my debit was listed as credit in their system and they said it's automatic and blamed my bank, though I saw it said debit so knew I was good) to now 60 a month for a worse plan (starter has bad hot spot). That's 40 more a month for a LOSS. I'M BEYOND FRUSTRATED. 

I made several calls on this and was told each time it would be corrected.

I was given credit at least to make it what it would have been, (minus the autopay I now realize), and told they filled out the form and it will be fixed soon and I'll be called. I was never called, call back again they say oh that was wrong form but here's credit again and it will be fixed and you'll hear back in about 10 days. That was July 1st, 9th, 26th. I was told today August 26, that the ticket was open but had no notes or actions. I was told no way would I get it back now as it's grandfathered as long 20 days ago which would be August 6th. I said that's no excuse, I called way before that.

I also said I was if multiple times I had the autopay discount.

They said they can't do anything and that I can write correspondence department. 

I now have a plan $40 more a month that's worse and I'm owed $80 for the lack of auto pay discount (before May I was on tiered by GB so no autopay discount I think, if there was we need to go back maybe forever). And owed $70 for the plan difference. I kept asking if I should temporarily switch back to go unlimited while this is fixed but they thought it would complicate things and that I'd be credited if any more bills came.  

I'm furious. I would have never taken that plan had I known, I asked. I also called many times  weeks and weeks before any new plans, and they just didn't do anything or ran the clock. I gave them time and thought I saw it fixed for next bill but that was my credit. I would have called every dang day if I know the change means they "can't". I did call several times.

Also I don't believe it's not possible. I have worked in IT and I know that's not true. There's always a way. If there isn't, that feature is added by the vendor. Fixing mistakes made by reps is a critical feature and it doesn't matter if it's not a current offering, that's what inactive plan means ! 

This is unacceptable to be and should be unacceptable to Verizon.

I was want to add 2 lines in about a year. As it is now I need this to be made right. 

I also have $35 military discount and had to get that escalated to get it on. That should not be harmed either.

No new loyalty plans yet. Supposedly can't get my old one but I don't believe it.

I see very few solutions.

1) I need a credit for all of them, $150 at the moment, it will go up with any more bills.

2) my plan should be fixed to what it was.

3) I need a plan as good, and credit every year or every month for the difference with what it should have been. That's $480 a year in credit I need or even more if I get a plan with better hotspot like do or play more, still not as good as what I had I think.

4) I need the rest of my devices payed off so I can change carriers. Or pay off my devices, which is only part of one phone at this point, as part of the credit. Or to make up for lost hotspot functionality. 

I need this to be made right and I hope Verizon agrees that this should be made right, I shouldn't be punished for incompetent staff (the first one, and all since), and people dropping the ball and not doing what they say or doing things in a timely manner.

To work for and serve the govt. and to ask very pointed and direct critical questions to be lied to, deceived, and passed off, is sickening, I'm DISGUSTED and appalled at this. I thought better of Verizon.  All my calls should be recorded so there is proof of all this. 

Please help!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Lied to on phone several times, several nerve dropped,and out $40 a month for worse plan

I wonder what the legal ramifications are, I am on a plan that I did not agree to it is recorded on the phone that the plan I agreed to was the same exact price as what I had with the same applicable discounts discounts. Several times I was told things that were inaccurate that cost me money that I believe I am due  credit for. 

I knew I should not have trusted that representative but I asked very specific questions which she answered in a confident manner and told me not to worry. 

Disciplining and trainings people does nothing to help me. I should have this made right until such time they offer a loyalty program. That's if they can't fix my plan now. 

about a year from now I will hopefully add one and sometime soon after 2 and maybe a whole other line between now and then. But that is at least a year I would be on this plan. Also it seems like for 5 lines instead of a discount there is a penalty at least there used to be hopefully that is corrected now. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Lied to on phone several times, several nerve dropped,and out $40 a month for worse plan

I have literally spent hours on the phone dealing with this to no avail, I would have called back daily if I knew that all of a sudden it could be fixed by the method they were using once a certain time at past, especially because I was told it would be fixed about four times each time told I would be contacted back. forgive any typos this is typing talk to type line but I felt I should add this, I really tried to get this corrected I called and had our long talks multiple times and was told not to worry and that it would be corrected,. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Has anyone had this corrected before?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Loyalty plans aren't stackable with employee discounts, this includes military. It's always been that way. 

You mentioned military discount of $35, this is grandfathered as of Aug 5th. You can use this for the current plans out since you're locked into the higher discount. Autopay with your bank account + paperless billing gets $10 off per line for newer plans vs $5 on the now retired Go and Beyond plans.

2 lines on Start Unlimited each is $60 per line with autopay. Play More / Do More (step up with better hotspots) costs $70 each.

If both were on Start, this is $120. Subtract $35 for military discount and you have $85. Split this in half and you get $42.50 per phone. Go Unlimited Loyalty for 2 phones was typically $45 each without autopay and $40 with. If you didn't use hotspots, this is the best option price wise to what you had.

If we go more premium. That's $140. Grandfathered military discount takes $35 off making it $105. Split that in half and you have 52.50 each. More expensive, but you get a usable hotspot, Apple music subscription, HD video and higher data priority. 

It's not all doom and gloom.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Thanks for the help/new info, glitchedpixel,

Different circumstances, but as I said to the supervisor of the call center, "you are the first person to tell me this". In my several chats, going over all my numbers step-by-step, no one mentioned that they did not combine. I was also specifically told they WOULD combine by the rep who sold me on the offer back on April 25th, and every rep wanted to try and help me add the military discount, I tried once and it said please attach paystub, the second time it was escalated by a rep to a special team, who emailed me about a day or few later saying it's all set up. At that point I already was on the beyond unlimited due to the change. How sure are you of it yourself? So maybe they were doing it wrong, and were going to combine it for me anyways, or maybe it would not have worked. Why would everyone agree with my assessment and not point that out? Any rep, or the supervisor could have just broke it down if that was the case.

In this case, they are fairly close, and I have to adjust what I think I am owed in credit, and re-calculate. If it's close it's not worth any more time, but I have read on here and reddit about some things related to the grandfathering, since I had beyond, grandfathered in, but go wasnt enough, is that true? Also, a military loyalty discount that stacks but is rare for some reasons, and does not transfer to new plan anyways.

If what you say is the case, that helps but I still have identified several gaps in the information received and service, and I did lose a plan despite careful attempts for clarification. I don't necessarily need the hot spot, as I have other phones/devices for that for the main time I use it. I switched to checking account for autopay to make sure I get the discount. In the app it says 'debit card' in the payment method, on a yellow card image, but that rep said it showed as a credit card in the system, odd. I have had so many conversations where that discount was mentioned and never a peep that I didn't have it. I have to confirm I didn't but they told me that today.

Thanks.

0 Likes