Less tower service than before

So I switched to Verizon for better service, all my business and my personal is on Verizon, in areas I had 4-5 bars a few weeks ago now only has 1-2 bars. I upgraded my personal to 5G and no difference at all. Has anyone else had this problem? Verizon support team is of no help spouting default statements with no real answers or even better would be give me the reliable service I pay so much for.

Re: Less tower service than before

Other have reported same issue myself included got no real answer or help from Verizon just script reply and often it's just your device

0 Likes

Novice

It will be like watching paint drying trying to get help from a Verizon customer support person on this site.

Here's the best thing you can do... Call 611;  when you get the first person (general cust. support) tell them you need/want to speak to Tier-2 Customer Support.  -  The first person (tier 1) will NOT be able to help you.  If you let them try, you'll waste 30-45 mins. doing so.

It should take you about 10 mins. or less to get the tier 1 tech person on your line;  when she/he transfers you to tech 2 it might/should take about 15 mins or so, not much longer, to get connected.

Once you get tier-2 tech support, they can trouble shoot and do more for you as they have more tools than tier-1.   Hopefully your call does not get routed to the Philippines which happened to me 3 times last week!  - - They are pretty useless in the Philippines for fixing your problem.

I think Verizon found a way to save a few bucks and so they do route some tier 2 tech calls to the Philippines.  - - If you call early enough in the day, you should get help from someone in the U.S. - - Good luck!

0 Likes

Customer Support

MrBronsonGSmith, I can understand wanting to make sure that you have the service you need to conduct your business. I would expect the same too. Can you tell us are experiencing with your services? Even with 1-2 bars, services can still function properly. Please share what is happening with the services outside of the 1-2 bars?

0 Likes

Let me see if I understand vzw reply if you have at least a bar your service is good might explain why nobody does anything

0 Likes

Except I have an iPhone 11 with unlimited 5G

0 Likes

Customer Support

We never want any of our customers having to deal with poor service. Please know when we are informed of a service issue, we want to ensure that all measures of troubleshooting is done to resolve the issue, therefore, we start with troubleshooting the device. Can you please send us a Private Message, so we can look into this? 

0 Likes

I had better more reliable service a week or two ago, I have switched to 5G on my personal and my work phone is still 4G and gets better service but still neither is what it was. Has a tower malfunctioned or is work being done?

0 Likes

Customer Support

We'd like to get to the bottom of what's going on with your service, MrBronsonGSmith. Please tell us more about what's happening when using the phone for calls, text, and data. Where are you located when experiencing these issues. Have you completed a speed test at speedtest.net?

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes