Highlighted

Leaving Verizon

So I've been thinking about leaving Verizon. It is far too expensive for my data needs. I cannot pay $200/mo to not receive unlimited data. I have found another service that offers $70/mo for more data than I get now. I'm tired of the overly expensive plan and data overages. You used to be the best and most affordable but now the most expensive. I was wondering how much my ETF would be from my two year service that started in January 2015? It saddens me that I have to leave but I have to do what's best for my pocket.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Leaving Verizon

Sr. Leader

To answer you ETF question:

Since you are not 7 months completed yet, you have a $350 ETF per line.

Starting:  November 14, 2014

$350 early termination fee during the first seven months of the contract if it is broken.

The fee is reduced by $10 per month between months 8-18, $20 per month between months 19-23 and $60 in the final month of the contract term…

View solution in original post

Highlighted

I, too will be leaving Verizon. I have 20G and pay over $200 a month. I need unlimited data, since where I work has a very weak WiFi signal and I need to use my data to listen to music and such.

I have been a customer for over 15 years, but getting texts 2-3 times a day saying I am at 90% of my data and that I need to upgrade is ridiculous.

I need to see how bad the ETF is going to be. It will probably be enormous, which will make it even harder to pay and get on to a better service. Please let me know what you find out and I will do the same.

0 Likes
Highlighted

If you started your 2 year contract in Jan 2015, your ETF would be $350.  Of course you also have a $500-600 (gently used?) phone that you could sell to offset that cost.  Good luck at your new provider.

Highlighted

Leader

Whoever you are switching to may pay your early termination fee. You may also need to sell your soul, but it might be worth inquiring about.

Highlighted

Sr. Leader

To answer you ETF question:

Since you are not 7 months completed yet, you have a $350 ETF per line.

Starting:  November 14, 2014

$350 early termination fee during the first seven months of the contract if it is broken.

The fee is reduced by $10 per month between months 8-18, $20 per month between months 19-23 and $60 in the final month of the contract term…

View solution in original post

Highlighted

I'm a little surprised someone from Verizon did not respond.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

$70 for data.... Is it throttled?

how much is the line fee?

and how many full price phones do you have to buy?

with the exception of T-mobile's unlimited plan, no other carrier has truly unlimited, unthrottled data.   And if you are looking at Ting, do more math and look at Sprints coverage.  And remember Ting will be lower priority than Sprints regular customers.

Highlighted

Sr. Leader

she1968 wrote:

I need unlimited data, since where I work has a very weak WiFi signal and I need to use my data to listen to music and such.

No, you CHOOSE to use data to listen to music and such, you don't NEED to.

There are other ways to listen to music(storing the music on your phone for example). You could also work without listening to music.

Need is a very strong word, which does not belong in your statement.

Highlighted

Customer Support
We don't want to see you leave, she1968! I'd like to explore your options to save. Just to clarify, how many lines do you have on your account? I understand your wish for plenty of data, as well as the need to keep your bill down. We can discuss this and see what options may be available.

MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes