Highlighted

LG V20 Rebate is a bust.

Well, at least in my case. I purchased the V20 with the NY promo of $200 through LG via mail gift card after submitting info as required. Im sure plenty others did this as well. I'm one of the many who didn't get the rebate. LG informed me today that there was an error in my submission, and the scan of the receipt wasn't "quite clear enough". Their official answer was "sorry, rebate is closed - and we dont have a complaint department or escalation". I submitted my rebate 1/18/2017  and it confirmed the next day. Anyone out there who is still waiting please be wary and check on your rebate status. LG will literally do nothing for ya once you get to a certain point. When I asked why I wasnt informed in a timely manner about the issue so I could resubmit, they said that they "dont do that".

So I bought a device because I knew I could get $200 off the price, and now I'm stuck with the full price and a phone I would have passed on had the deal not been available. I have talked a bit to Verizon but they weren't inclined to do much - And to be honest, I dont know how much they really should do. This is more of a warning to be very attentive to your LG rebates and promos - they dont care once they dont owe you. If there is anyone in the community or with Verizon who can point me in the direction of some sort of resolution, that'd be great. From reading around - many others are having this issue as well.

Again, please note I'm not faulting Verizon. It is a promo between LG And the buyer. But - anything helps at this point. Hopefully we can gather some info for others in similar situations. As much as I love the verizon service (I do find the reception great around the STL area) - It's probably time to get a buyout. I cant afford stuff like this when its caused by companies just blowing off customers.

Thanks all!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: LG V20 Rebate is a bust.

Dude good luck. My family and I switched 2 verizon about 2 months ago. One line they were suppose 2 buy out up 2 $650 dollars and our line was $622 dollars. The manager at the verizon story submitted the bill from our other phone carrier for us. Guess what we are not going to see that money from verizon. My suggestion, do like me and my family are doing. LEAVE VERIZON. They are very shady

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

KEVIN020576, we don't want to see you leave the Verizon Wireless family. I definitely want what you were promised. After switching to us, did you submit the necessary information here http://vz.to/20i5GS9? Here's more details https://switch.yourwirelessswitchcenter.com/faqs/.

ZangY_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Took the bill 2 the verizon manager at the verizon store where me and my family purchased the phones and plan from. The verizon manager submitted the bill for us. I look at it this way, if you guys have the confidence to make him a manager I have the confidence that he submitted the bill right.  But in the end I have had 10 conversations to many with verizon. We are switching 2 a better company. This situation should have been resolved 3 weeks. I just like 2 save as many people from this headache by telling them my 2 months experience with verizon

0 Likes
Highlighted

Had the same experience for getting V20. It is pretty clear it was a trap by Version and LG, designed to illicit mistakes in the form. They can deny it but the action speaks louder. Been with Verizon for 20 years but this did it.

0 Likes