LG G3 w Verizon Messages - Taking really long to send SMS to one contact

I've got an LG G3 running Lollipop and I'm having problems sending SMS to one contact.  I'm currently using the Verizon Messages app.  This particular person has an AT&T iPhone (Note: I suspect they are using iMessages).  Prior to 2 days ago I could send and receive SMS no problem to this particular contact.  The responses were quick.  Then starting 2 days ago, my messages are taking hours to be delivered.  It's a real conversation killer.  The status of the messages I send to this particular contact are shown as in the "sent" state and never go to "delivered."  I have not made any changes to my phone or account.

I've tried to switch the primary messaging app on my phone to the native messaging app and Google Hangouts, and that did not fix the problem.  Power cycling and clearing the cache has no affect either.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Is there a solution or workaround that will fix this problem?

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: LG G3 w Verizon Messages - Taking really long to send SMS to one contact

Community Manager
Community Manager

Let's make sure you can stay in touch with your contacts, LeeroyJenkins45. At this time the LG G3 doesn't have the lollipop update. Please confirm the software version by going to Settings>About Phone>Software Information>Software Version.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes

Here are the details regarding the software version of my LG G3.

Android version - 5.0.1

Build - LRX21Y

Software Version - VS98523A

On Sun, Feb 15, 2015 at 8:25 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

Chilll

You are wrong. You work for verizon and are SUPPOSE TO KNOW WHAT UPDATES ARE AVAILABLE. IF YOU DONT KNOW THAN DONT SAY ANYTHING. Im tired of Verizon messing up our phones.. Lollipop is available and I refuse to install it. I have gotten the message on my phone its ready for download.I have the LG G3 also. Please dont answer if you dont know..

0 Likes

Chilll

YOU ARE WRONG

0 Likes

Chilll

How do you delete post on here???

0 Likes

Snn5
Sr. Leader

You have 5 min from the time of posting.  You cannot do so from the activity stream, you must go to the direct page.

0 Likes