Just need some clarification... Will this dent on my Htc One m8 disqualify me from being able to "Edge Up?" I know you're supposed to return your current edge phone in "good condition," but not sure if this qualifies as "good condition."

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Just need some clarification... Will this dent on my Htc One m8 disqualify me from being able to "Edge Up?" I know you're supposed to return your current edge phone in "good condition," but not sure if this qualifies as "good condition."

Community Manager
Community Manager

DigitalCreation, to be eligible to Edge Up, your original Edge device must be returned in good working condition and have no significant damage as determined by Verizon Wireless. The picture you sent isn't very visible and doesn't look to me to be significant. To be on the safe side, I would take it to a store for an in person evaluation of the device.

VanetrisC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Re: Just need some clarification... Will this dent on my Htc One m8 disqualify me from being able to "Edge Up?" I know you're supposed to return your current edge phone in "good condition," but not sure if this qualifies as "good condition."

Community Manager
Community Manager

DigitalCreation, to be eligible to Edge Up, your original Edge device must be returned in good working condition and have no significant damage as determined by Verizon Wireless. The picture you sent isn't very visible and doesn't look to me to be significant. To be on the safe side, I would take it to a store for an in person evaluation of the device.

VanetrisC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Snn5
Sr. Leader

Be careful.  That determination of OK/acceptable can turn into a $300 charge and no returned phone by the time it gets evaluated at a warehouse.

That's what I'm afraid of. I've read about some terrible experiences and that's what I'm trying to avoid. I guess taking it to a store for an in person evaluation would be my best bet.

Thanks for the responses.

Highlighted

rtiffin
Novice

if you are close to a retail store and they accept it AS IT.. the retail store than would carry the burden ,, not you.. I  personally have not send a unit back via postal regardless if it was damage or trade up.. ohhhh so much can happen between here and there including ,, unable to process it.. hand delivery is the best in my opinion.. but make sure you did not sign anything that states approved upon inspection..    good luck..

GalaxyClass

I agree do the walk-in at a VZW corp store if possible, far less problems.

I'm gonna avoid shipping at all costs. I know things worth value sometimes grow legs and happily walk off the mail truck. I've read of Verizon not accepting phones for edge up for the minimalist of damage, so I will take to the Verizon store this week and hopefully get a forgiving sales rep. Smiley Happy

Not applicable

Stores do not take these phones you have to send them back. for the record I've done 2 early edge upgrades and both phones got sent back with no issues

I've been told that stores do take the phone and ship it. Are you positive about this?

0 Likes

Not applicable

Maybe corporate one do I'm not sure. I've done 2 early edge upgrade in a store and both times they gave me a box and a shipping label. I asked if they could send it back they said no.