Highlighted

Jitterbug, Dobery and Doro phones

I'm looking urgently for a senior phone for a 90 year-old friend.

Verizon lists a couple on their site but they seem to confuse flip phones with senior phones. I need a phone that has minimal functionality: phone, text and voicemail. It must be able to access all functions with minimal navigation.

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to use a Jitterbug phone directly on the Verizon network?

Is it possible to use the Doro 824 SmartEasy on Verizon?

Dobry makes a number of stationary cellular phones. Do they work on the Verizon network?

I have searched for answers to these questions but not found them.

many thanks and be well,

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Jitterbug, Dobery and Doro phones

Customer Support

Hello TinCant,

We know how important it is to ensure you have a device that your family can easily use. You can use this link to enter in the details of the phone you want to check to see if it is compatible with our network: https://www.verizon.com/onedp/byod#/  You can also reach out to the manufacturer for that device directly to see what networks are compatible. 

If you are just needing basic phone, text and voicemail, a Basic Phone would fit that criteria very well. You can view our available phones here: https://www.verizon.com/basic-phones/

Some manufacturers, such as Samsung, offer an "Easy Mode" which provides a simplified and easy experience for new users: https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-226882/

ChristopherM_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Jitterbug, Dobry and Doro phones

Hi Warren,

Why does Verizon have such a hard time noting what people want.

The link you posted for identifying compatibility requires entering the IMEI number of an individual device. Countless people have posted in these discussions to point out that they need to establish compatibility of a phone model that they are considering buying so that they can't possibly submit an IMEI number. We need compatibility data listed by manufacturer and model.

Verizon's Basic Phones are difficult, unwieldy and unusable for many older folks. The buttons are small, the 4-directional navigating button is hard to steer easily and the menus are complicated. You could make so much money if you offered a phone that is truly simple (like a Jitterbug or a Doro 824 EasySmart, for example) and easy to use.

No, I'm not doing advertising for specific manufacturers. I'm just trying to find a phone that fits an older friend's needs and works on Verizon.

Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Jitterbug current phones with LTE will work if unlocked. 

Dobery and Doro are not compatible. 

Unless you are on an older plan with cheap line access, consumer cellular or great call are much cheaper.  

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

BTW, Great Call is an MVNO of verizon.  If you need verizon coverage, inexpensive plan, and a senior phone, that the way to go.  Thats also why jitterbug phones can work on verizon, if not locked to Great Call.  

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Jitterbug, Dobry and Doro phones

You say Verizon basic phone as if Verizon manufactures phones. You're better off contacting the manufactures about the poor layouts on those things. Smartphones are what sell and what the focus of major carriers is going to be. 

Nothing wrong with wanting something simple like a Jitterbug, Verizon is just not selling anything good that isn't a smart device. 

0 Likes