Highlighted

Isn't this fraud?

My tablet line cost changed from $20 /mo to $80 /mo because I no longer use phone lines with Verizon. I have not been intimated of the change in my bill. When talked to customer rep, he agreed to revert the charges but I see no changes on my bill. I called my credit card company and disputed the charge. Now, Verizon suspends my line until my bill is paid in full and demands the bill to be paid in full or report to credit bureau. I can say my phone line and tablet are completely different and they do not share any data. Verizon says I signed a contract as such but fail to provide any such contact clause. I feel they are literally stealing from me. Any advise? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Isn't this fraud?

When i purchased the tablet with bestbuy, the plan I enrolled was for $10 /mo. I later changed it to $20 unlimited. I checked my bestbuy purchase as advised by Verizon agent and there is no contractual agreement as such on my purchase. I have paid my tablet in full at bestbuy. I have unlimted phone plan too for 2 lines for $70 /mo each. I moved to a different carrier on my phone lines and Verizon started charging me $80 /mo without even intimating me after my phone lines we removed. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

Can you please provide more information about your plan situation both before you removed the phone lines and after the removal with only the tablet line on the account? When responding, please don't post your personal information on this public forum. Do you have a prepaid or postpaid account? How much data are you using on the tablet line? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

When i purchased the tablet with bestbuy, the plan I enrolled was for $10 /mo. I later changed it to $20 unlimited. I checked my bestbuy purchase as advised by Verizon agent and there is no contractual agreement as such on my purchase. I have paid my tablet in full at bestbuy. I have unlimted phone plan too for 2 lines for $70 /mo each. I moved to a different carrier on my phone lines and Verizon started charging me $80 /mo without even intimating me after my phone lines we removed. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

0.013 data usage for 20 days this month. I have very less data usage as the tablet is used by kids at home.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

That doesn't say what the exact name of your plan is.

Based on the information you have provided, I would guess you had one of unlimited plans with a total of 3 lines (two phones and one tablet). The tablet was an add on cost at a discounted rate from the main plan. When you ported out the two phone lines, you left the tablet orphaned on the unlimited plan and now that line is paying for account level charges and the line access fee for the remaining tablet line. You should change the tablet line to a single device plan more suitable for your data usage and budget. The other option is to cancel the line altogether and use the tablet on Wi-Fi only. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

Not fraud.

A tablet is $10 on fixed data packages and $20 on unlimited. ($10 if you have a phone line on Do more or Get More for that half off discount)

If all you have is a tablet, the cost is treated the same as a single phone on unlimited. Having phones is what causes a tablet to be charged less.

Highlighted

A $10 plan is available with only a tablet line. Is there a contractual agreement that says so? I would like to look into it. I don't see one either with bestbuy or on Verizon account. If there is a plan change, should I not be intimated about it? 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

You should be able to change your plan through your MyVerizon account online. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

I'm not sure you guys are paid by Verizon to address issues here. You do not talk about the issue here.

I would prefer to settle this in small claims.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

This is primarily a peer to peer public community forum and not a direct link to Customer Service. The VZW reps that roam this community are clearly defined. No VZW reps have responded yet in this thread. 

0 Likes