Highlighted

Is there still a $25 credit for being on a phone payment plan when you switch to the Unlimited Plan?

DerekTheRed

We are looking at switching to the new unlimited plan, and my wife needs to get a new phone. My bill currently has a $25 credit for being on a payment plan. Will I lose that if I switch to the new unlimited plan? If my wife gets a Verizon payment plan, will she get the $25 credit on the unlimited plan?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Is there still a $25 credit for being on a phone payment plan when you switch to the Unlimited Plan?

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

No, that credit is only for payment plans on the More Everything Plan with data allowances of 6 GB/month or more.

Since you would be switching to the Verizon Plan Unlimited, you would no longer be on the More Everything Plan and would lose that discount.

It is not as if you are losing the entire discount, though, but only $5 of it. You are receiving that $25 discount off your line access fee of $40 on the More Everything plan giving you a NET line access fee of $15. The line access fee for the new plan is only $20 instead of $40 so it is the same as getting only a $20 discount on your old plan instead of $25.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Re: Is there still a $25 credit for being on a phone payment plan when you switch to the Unlimited Plan?

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

No, that credit is only for payment plans on the More Everything Plan with data allowances of 6 GB/month or more.

Since you would be switching to the Verizon Plan Unlimited, you would no longer be on the More Everything Plan and would lose that discount.

It is not as if you are losing the entire discount, though, but only $5 of it. You are receiving that $25 discount off your line access fee of $40 on the More Everything plan giving you a NET line access fee of $15. The line access fee for the new plan is only $20 instead of $40 so it is the same as getting only a $20 discount on your old plan instead of $25.

View solution in original post

0 Likes