Highlighted

Is there another way to reset account password without getting a text?

Right now a family member has my phone and I am unable to log in to my account so I am on my wife's account to ask this question. I do not want anything sent to my phone since I am letting someone else us it. Is there anything that I can do online to reset password?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Is there another way to reset account password without getting a text?

Customer Support

Thanks for asking about password reset policy, Dmccluskey! I'm happy to answer your question. As you probably already know, the temporary password text message is a security function that prevents unauthorized parties from accessing your account. It is only during the initial registration that a temporary password (sent via text) is required. Once that is received and accurately coded in to the site, you can set up a security question for future password resets.

If you haven't set up the security question, you can instead have the temporary password mailed to your billing address. Please allow 5 to 10 business days for that to arrive. Thanks again!

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Customer Support

Thanks for asking about password reset policy, Dmccluskey! I'm happy to answer your question. As you probably already know, the temporary password text message is a security function that prevents unauthorized parties from accessing your account. It is only during the initial registration that a temporary password (sent via text) is required. Once that is received and accurately coded in to the site, you can set up a security question for future password resets.

If you haven't set up the security question, you can instead have the temporary password mailed to your billing address. Please allow 5 to 10 business days for that to arrive. Thanks again!

DionM_VZW

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thank you for your reply. How do I go about having it mailed to me then?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

Thanks for coming back, Dmccluskey! Now that I have had the chance to review your concern again. I can see that you're trying to reset the password in such a way as to not have a temporary sent to the device. That means that either a security question was not set up or that you may not know it. If that's the case, then a temporary password must be sent to the device before the mailed version can be sent. I regret setting your expectations that you could get it without going through the message process first.

DionM_VZW

0 Likes