Highlighted

Is there a way to see text messages on a phone without a court order?

raelyns123

I know the numbers. I am the account owne. I should be able to see the text messages between the two numbers. without a court order.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Is there a way to see text messages on a phone without a court order?

Community Manager
Community Manager

raelyns123,

We definitely offer you options to access the information you need; we know being able to manage the numbers on your account is important. As the Account Owner, you have access to view the messaging history which includes the date, time and numbers texted. For user protection, content of the messages is not available to view from the account owner's My Verizon profile. However if the line user registers for Verizon Messages, a service we offer to our customers at no cost, once they allow you access to their online account you will be able to view the content of messages http://vz.to/1ok0j4L .

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

sars1138
Novice

you can view txt logs under the view usage via my verizon

0 Likes
Highlighted

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

That may be your opinion, but Verizon thinks differently. If this is a problem, simply don't pay for service on those lines if the people in possession of the phones do not grant you access to the messages. These people have their right of privacy, but that right DOES NOT include making you pay for their service. Have them get their own account.

0 Likes
Highlighted

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

Colleen4465, you would need to click on your userid/name in the upper right hand corner of this screen. When your profile comes up click "Preferences" underneath Actions. Make sure all of your email notifications are set to off.

You should also probably click "Edit Profile and Privacy" under actions and change your email from your work email to another which is more appropriate. If you don't want to receive email at your work email address, it is best to not input that email whenever you sign up for something.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

raelyns123,

We definitely offer you options to access the information you need; we know being able to manage the numbers on your account is important. As the Account Owner, you have access to view the messaging history which includes the date, time and numbers texted. For user protection, content of the messages is not available to view from the account owner's My Verizon profile. However if the line user registers for Verizon Messages, a service we offer to our customers at no cost, once they allow you access to their online account you will be able to view the content of messages http://vz.to/1ok0j4L .

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes