Highlighted

Is the screen free of cracks and functioning correctly?

WADETX

Traded my iphone 6 plus in as part of the $650 trade in promotion. The phone had a small chip, about 1/2" in length and 1/32" in width on the glass on the front of the phone. The chip was not in front of the LCD screen and as such I didn't think it was a big deal (and considered the screen free of cracks), so i answered yes to the trade in question and proceeded with the trade in.

Well, turns out Verizion didn't agree and gave me only $122 for the trade in. I called the trade in department and after being put on hold for 30 minutes was able to speak to a manager who argued that the whole front of the phone is considered the screen. I asked if they could send me my phone back since I didn't realize this and it wasn't very clear on the website, but they said no.

As such, I'm pretty annoyed with Verzion. Had it been made clear that the screen is the whole front of the phone I would have taken my phone to the apple store, fixed the screen for the $150 and then traded it in. Instead I'm not out over $500.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Beware - Is the screen free of cracks and functioning correctly?

Weth
Sr. Leader

I am sorry you didn't get the money you thought you were. Literally, no cracks is the only acceptable condition to get the highest trade in. The smallest crack is no longer a non-cracked screen and value plummets drastically. Your basic assumption was wrong and this was avoidable with a bit of extra research.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Weth
Sr. Leader

Anyone here would have clearly told you any crack on any part of the glass will not pass, much less a crack that is a 1/2 inch long! When you sent your phone in, you also agreed as part of the terms of the trade in deal, that you cannot get your phone back for any reason.

It doesn't matter what part of the glass screen is broken, to replace it, you must replace the whole thing. Would you want to buy or receive as insurance replacement a phone with a crack on any part of the glass?

Verizon was offering you top dollar, and well above market value for the phone. I re-read the terms. I do not see how you can interpret that a 1/2 inch!!!!  crack on the glass screen, no matter where it is, it considered in good undamaged state.

You call this a lesson learned.

0 Likes

WADETX

Thanks Jack.

As I said I was thinking the screen meant the area on the phone that displayed the actual image, not the whole glass panel. Had they meant glass panel, I assumed they would have said glass panel instead of screen.

It was small and I really didn't much of it as you could only see the crack if you looked at the phone from an angle.

The fine print said "Traded device must be in good working and cosmetic condition to receive credits.", which I considered it to be.

0 Likes

Weth
Sr. Leader

Come on Joe, where is a 1/2 inch crack anywhere considered:

in good... cosmetic condition

It matters not what you consider good cosmetic condition. A quick ask on here would have very quickly told you it always fails and that glass=screen. You could have learned from the mistakes of many that have reported this very same thing on these forums.

0 Likes

WADETX

It said good cosmetic condition, not perfect. You literally had to look for the crack to see it.

0 Likes

Weth
Sr. Leader

I am sorry you didn't get the money you thought you were. Literally, no cracks is the only acceptable condition to get the highest trade in. The smallest crack is no longer a non-cracked screen and value plummets drastically. Your basic assumption was wrong and this was avoidable with a bit of extra research.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

mgysel

Does the back glass need to be crack free?

0 Likes

sars1138
Novice

Yeah the back would have to be undamaged, any damage to the body or glass back would lower trade value

0 Likes