Highlighted

Is the autopay discount automatically deducted?

If I add autopay will $10 be automatically deducted from my bill? I just switched to the new unlimited family plan

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: autopay - $10 automatically deducted?

Sr. Leader

Yes. It needs to be e-check or debit card.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Yes. It needs to be e-check or debit card.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Does it work for Credit Card too?

0 Likes
Highlighted

I set up autopay with checking account (had it set to credit card) and I do not see the $10 discount when looking at my "new monthly" which i can get from clicking on the confirmation email. I cannot get through to a person on the phone to inquire about this

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

It specifically states e-check and debit card only. Don't be surprised if the credit card does not get the $10 discount

0 Likes
Highlighted

Weth wrote:

It specifically states e-check and debit card only. Don't be surprised if the credit card does not get the $10 discount

That would be such a Verizon thing to do...haha

Highlighted

Where does it specifically state e-check or debit?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

@Hoppy269 wrote:

Where does it specifically state e-check or debit?

Untitled.jpg

While autopay must be active on your account, there is nothing keeping you from going in and manually paying with a credit card a week to 10 days before your autopay is scheduled to post. This way, you STILL get the discount and you can pay with a credit card if you want to get points or whatever reason. Just make sure your manual payment is early enough so that the autopay won't take effect. I have done this several times in the past, making the manual payment a week or so in advance of the autopay posting and I have never had a case of the autopayment actually coming out of my checking account.

Keep in mind you can't do this all the time as a form of payment must be used at least once every 6 months in order for it to stay associated with your account. For quite some time, I would manually pay with CC for 4-5 months in a row and then the 5th or 6th month I would let the autopay actually post. Not once has the discount for autopay failed to show up on my bill each month even though I actually make payment manually with a credit card.

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

I definitely want to make sure that you know how our great Auto Pay discount works, Hoppy269. See this article for more details about the discount: http://spr.ly/66061DwOK #10 details the plans that are eligible for the discount and also states that you must use a debit card or checking account specifically to get the discount. It also notes that if you may a one-time credit card payment, you may lose the discount. Does this clarify?

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Please clarify what you mean by "you may lose the discount".  It sounds vague, especially in the light of what the prior post says

0 Likes