Is it possible to retract a sent text message?

Is there any way to retract or delete a text message sent from (Verizon Messaging) the intended receivers inbox/text messaging if the message was not opened?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Verizon Messaging-Sender Remorse

Unfortunately there is no way to retract a text message sent, unless of course you have access to the device you sent the message to (but if that were the case I don't think you'd be asking this question).

Best of luck

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Unfortunately there is no way to retract a text message sent, unless of course you have access to the device you sent the message to (but if that were the case I don't think you'd be asking this question).

Best of luck

View solution in original post

Highlighted

I was almost about to commit to liking this reply because it definitively answered the question I and another submitter had, but felt we could all do without the sarcasm and also implausibility of having access to the recipient device, let alone authorization to access it.  Otherwise, thanks.  And, more to the spirit and intent of the question and its answer, being unable to recall a text message really terrible.  An option to briefly recall a text accords itself well with human tendencies. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

We see your point Underdogg and we will lift this feedback up. Can we help with anything else? RosanneM_VZW

0 Likes