Highlighted

Is anyone using or aware of a dual SIM phone that works with Verizon?

KCSPARE

To not have to carry multiple devices, for international travel, to separate work from personal and because I already have to pack multiple devices, a dual SIM phone will be perfect.

1. Has anyone been able to successfully use a dual SIM phone on Verizon?

2. Verizon Network/Phone check assumes one already knows device and IMEI ID.

3. A successfully used device, any phone  or info would be great.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes

Re: Is anyone using or aware of a dual SIM phone that works with Verizon?

Ann154
Expert

Have you checked the VZW Certified BYOD list of compatible devices?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

KCSPARE

Ann154 thank you for the reply but to be able to check one has to know the IMEI, ESN, or MEID numbers or have the phone in hand already. Just wish there is someone out there using dual SIM device that can work with VZW and say T-Moblie.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

KCSPARE, 

We truly understand your concern. We know how important this would be for your trip. We currently do not offer devices that have dual sim cards. If you have one you would like to use, we can certainly try to activate it on our network. Keep in mind there is no guarantee this will work. What type of phone are you currently using? 

Dia_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

KCSPARE

Dia_VZW

I'm thinking about getting a factory unlocked global Galaxy S7 or S8 Dual SIM. Actually any smartphone will will do it for me.

Thanks.

0 Likes

glitchedpixel

Why is it so difficult to carry an extra sim to switch when needed? It's not like you can use the same phone number on two different networks simultaneously.

If this is for international travel with another number, you swap the sim with a prepaid local one until you return. I don't get what the advantage of a dual SIM is with the above limitations.

0 Likes

KCSPARE

Because when you have a laptop a tablet a mobile hotspot... because when a SIM is not in the phone and you have to swap SIM every time to see if  a message or alert came in on the second line... when your want to make a quick personal call and you don't want to use your work phone or vice versa ... more coverage?...

You can use your phone internationally without having to worry about switching your regular SIM card in and out... because you can't put your WhatsApp and other goodies on the work phone...

Glitchedpixel we are not trying to be lazy... it really makes things easy... test it yourself if you get a chance and you'll see why we are asking for or if there is an unlocked dual SIM phone that will work on Verizon Wireless.

0 Likes

Ann154
Expert

KCSPARE wrote:

Ann154 thank you for the reply but to be able to check one has to know the IMEI, ESN, or MEID numbers or have the phone in hand already. Just wish there is someone out there using dual SIM device that can work with VZW and say T-Moblie.

I wasn't referring to the ESN/IMEI check website. I was referring to the list of certified devices. Verizon Certified Open Market Android Smartphones

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

We want to make sure that you have all the information you need on what devices will work on our network, KCSPARE. As stated previously, we can certainly try to activate it on our network. Keep in mind there is no guarantee this will work. You can check if the model is compatible with our network on the following link: https://www.verizonwireless.com/prospect/bring-your-own-device#/

Pedro_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

efonwang

all ZTE phones can do that. i've the axon 7 and it works both verizon and any other GSM network.

there are newer ZTE phones. phone will show as "unknown" on your verizon account as it's not a "verizon compatible" device. but it'll still work.

also, if you really want. all phones bought from China are CDMA (verizon's network) capable. And there's a huge range of Dual SIM phones there.

0 Likes