Highlighted

Is Verizon Up a scam? I think so!

PSCARBOR

So I get this email from either Verizon or someone pretending to be Verizon, all about this 'Really REALLY super rewards program'.  Has a link "click here"/  So I click, I get a page that asks for my email address, then 'Continue'.  When I continue it tells me I need the My Verizon app and they're sending a link to get it to my email.

So about four hours later I get an email, link says 'Click here to get My Verizon'.  I click and it takes me to a page that asks for my email, then 'continue', then it says its sending me an email with a link to get My Verizon which is required.

So I select 'Support' and Facebook chat.  Message comes, sends me another link - yep, same round and round, no way to actually GET the mythical My Verizon app.

So I ask the (so called) Tech Support person on Facebook Messenger about that, response is 'Send me your account information'

HUGE SCAM ALERT!!!

Yeah dude I'll send you MY account information, you send me your SSN and bank account info so I can send you the $10M the former oil minister of Uganda left for you.

So if anyone from Verizon is monitoring this board - Do you know about this phishing scam?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Is Verizon Up a scam?  I think so!

boringusername

Sharie21 wrote:

I don't know why they changed the rewards to Verizon Up. I usually don't even bother to check it, as I only get 1 point each time which isn't worth anything. Stupid program. Worthless.

It's 1 credit not 1 point and you can use that credit on stuff. I use mine on $10 device dollars credits. I'm not really interested in the other stuff they offer. So you could earn up to $240 in device dollars in 2 years.

0 Likes

Re: Is Verizon Up a scam? I think so!

Community Manager
Community Manager

This is not how we want you to feel about our new Verizon Up program, Pscarbor. Please make sure that your My Verizon application is up to date and proceed to the Verizon Up feature in the My Verizon app to be added to this. You should also be able to log in online to subscribe to it directly through your account. Here is more information on the program: https://www.verizonwireless.com/rewards/verizon-up/ .

JoshuaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

WAYWAR3

PSCARBOR, I have the same problem, documented in a long thread in this board.

For what it's worth, I don't think it's a scam. I think there is a problem for some Verizon customers like you and me which the Verizon representatives answering this board have no clue about.

Like you, I have followed all the directions and links. The answers I have received on this board take me to the very same links.

At this point, I don't care. But I do believe that Verizon needs to figure this out. Something needs to get fixed, or somebody needs to understand what the problem is and how to fix it. @JoshuaT_VZW, @JavierMD_VZW, @SamanthaT_VZW, @EvelynR_VZW, and @JasperM_VZW need to have something better than a boilerplate answer next time.

PSCARBOR

Thank you for your response.  I think the issue could be, this was never tested with either IE or Edge - and hey why would they do that, those browsers are only used by 90% of all Internet users.  Also you are correct, the "Support" folks are less than helpful.  In fact, the responder to my OP apparently didn't even READ my post - he tells me to "make sure My Verizon app is up to date" when the whole point is, I cant GET the My Verizon app (if any such thing even actually exists).

But what set off my SCAM alert was the Facebook chat asking for my account credentials.  Nobody who is actually Verizon should EVER do that!

That said, I still doubt My Verizon is an actual rewards program - or if it IS it is a very sloppily implemented one!

Community Manager
Community Manager

PSCARBOR, we want to make sure that you have all the details that you need to take part in the Verizon Up Program. You stated that you couldn't get the My Verizon App. What kind of cellular device are you currently using (make/model)? Also, what calling plan do you currently have? Please keep me posted.

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

PSCARBOR

I got yet another scam email about Verizon Up.  Click it, eventually I get to a place where it says it will send me an email with a link to down load the (apparently mythical) My Verizon app.  Email arrives, yep, sends me back to the exact same place!

IS there a My Verizon app?  If so why cant you direct me to a link or page to download it?

You guys SERIOUSLY need to test before you send out emails about so called apps that don't exist or cant be downloaded!  Geez!

Community Manager
Community Manager

PSCARBOR, so sorry to hear that you are still dealing with these issues. Help is here as this has been going on far too long. Let's get this figured out. All Verizon Wireless device come with the pre-installed My Verizon application. What is your device make/model? What is your current Verizon Wireless plan?

NatashaA_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

PSCARBOR

You may not have heard of this device: Its a PC running Windows 10.  That's where I've been receiving these emails.

0 Likes

CAYOTEJR

Why are you looking for a My Verizon "phone" app on your PC?  It's an app for your phone.  You don't download it on your PC.  If the app is not pre-installed on your phone or you deleted it, you can get it on the Play Store or the iOS store (I assume, I don't have an Apple device).

kathy65793

If you have a program called Bluestacks it connects to the play store and lets you download apps from there that will work on your computer. Also windows10 lets you download apps but only certain ones. I am sure in this day age there is a way to get an app from google play store that will work on a computer

0 Likes