Highlighted

Invalid zip code

ebd813

I’ve seen this question answered before but I still can’t find answers. I go to setup auto pay and put in my card information. When I click submit it says “card zip code invalid”. What does that mean?? I have tried my zip code for where I live and nothing is working. I need to pay or my phone will be shut off Smiley Sad

Re: Invalid zip code

Community Manager
Community Manager

Being able to make a payment and set up your Auto Pay is very important, ebd813.  You will have to enter the zip code where your credit card bill or statement is sent to as that is part of the credit card validation.  AdamB_VZW

0 Likes

glitchedpixel

Means something is off with the billing zip code for that card. I'd personally check your card issuer and get any address issue sorted with them first before signing up for autopay.

0 Likes

schoolwell

Won't take my zip code. Works everywhere else. These replies are worthless. Thanks anyway.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Schoolwell, after many attempts I know that I would be feeling frustrated. Let's ensure that you have full details. When entering the zip code, an authorization is sent to confirm the card information. If the entered information does not match what the bank confirms, this will come back as failed. You mentioned that you are using the zip code for your home, have you recently moved? Personally, I have seen numerous cases over the past several years in which the bank account information was updated but the cards themselves were not. The best way to check this will be to contact the bank that issued this card to confirm what zip code is attached to this card. 

LorenB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes