Re: Invalid Teleservice ID?

Noteh8

I work from home so it is a 24/7 problem. I have two completely seperate internet services providing for this location and it happens on both services regularly, on both a Pixel 3 and a Note 8.  Hughesnet and Force Broadband. 

My problem seems to be an SMS connection issue. If I set up a conversation to employ MMS connection the communications work every time. To do this I have configured important communications as a group by adding my home number (landline) into the recipients lists, this seems to force the text message to utilize MMS.

Although MMS does work and thats what I need to happen, this is a very temporary fix. 

If I use SMS I am guaranteed a missed communication or several minutes of toggling my WiFi connection on and off with a resend.

Also just for clarity the Pixel 3 does not return the same "Error 4: Invalid Service ID", the Pixel just says "message not sent". 

0 Likes

phainlen

I recently accepted the Wi-Fi calling application push thinking "i've got nothing to lose! what a great idea!"  What I didn't know is that I would be spending the next two days trying to undo my changes and scouring the internet and blog posts for anything that would help me fix or revert back to non-Wi-Fi calling... No luck...

So, I went on a personal mission to figure it out.  I think I may have figured it out, but I'm still testing.  Bear with me while I lay the stage out... about a month ago I enabled RCS messaging through a widely distributed "hack" to google messages:
https://ww.9to5google.com/2019/10/26/enable-rcs-android-messages/
This required the download of a utility called the "Activity Launcher" and making some changes to some server settings to bypass carrier restrictions on RCS messages.
Well low-and-behold on the same day that Google announced the rollout of RCS for those who were early adopters (ie those who hacked their settings), it was the same day that the Wi-fi calling feature was rolled out too.  Coincidence?
https://ww.9to5google.com/2019/11/14/psa-manually-enabled-rcs-migrate/

Even though the article says your settings will automatically change for RCS, mine didn't.  So, instead of trying to figure out how to disable Wi-Fi calling, I decided to revert my changes made back in October for RCS and I deleted the sandbox server.  If you use the "Activity Launcher" to check the settings before you change the RCS server back, look at Advanced Calling and Wi-fi Calling. There are very few line items in these settings.  the Wi-Fi calling was only populated with one line for me which was for AT&T (att).  Hmmmm, could this be why it wasn't working?

After deleting the RCS sandbox server and a little bit of time (or syncing), if you check out the Advanced Calling and Wi-Fi calling, they are now fully populated with many different carriers and settings... and for me, this seemed to have solved the "invalid teleservice ID" error.

Check it out and report back if this fix works for you.  Again, I'm not sure if this is the reason or not, but it is all too coincidental for me to not have something to do with the error message.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Noteh8, thanks for all the extra details. Do you also have Wi-Fi Calling enabled on your phone?

AlanS_VZW

0 Likes

Noteh8

Yes, WiFi calling is enabled.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

I appreciate the confirmation. When did you first notice an issue with the service? Do you know if other Verizon Wireless devices are experiencing similar issues? ChrisM_VZW

0 Likes

phainlen

The issue happened almost immediately after I accepted the push notification to enable wifi calling. I am the only one in my family to have accepted the push notification, so this issue is only affecting my phone. I have had relative success with the fix I implemented, however this morning I received another invalid teleservice ID error. Most of the time if I delete the text message and issue a new text it will work. This morning that isn't even working, so I am sending emails instead.

0 Likes

sfcbennnett

This change to turn off Advanced Calling fixed my problem immediately. Thanks.

0 Likes

Noteh8

Thank you for the share. I have turned off advanced calling and will report back in 24hrs with an update.

Thank you again!

0 Likes

dcmc219

I've been having this problem for a week.  Came here, realized it started happening after I turned on Wifi Calling. Shut it off, texting went through immediately.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

sfcbennnett

This is music to our ears! We're relieved to hear that your issue has been resolved. We're always here to support you. Here are more options to contact us for assistance: 

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/contact-us/

LasinaJ_VZW

0 Likes