Re: Invalid Teleservice ID?

cliffh

@Dechow wrote:

Seems like half of the time recently my text messages will not send and a minute later I get an error message about "invalid teleservice id", asking me to tap to resend. Sometimes I have to try 2 or 3 times before the message sends. What's going on?    I have a Note 4 and use Android Messages for texting.

I was just experiencing the same problem. Funny thing is, I  was connected to an XFINITY wifi hotspot.

0 Likes

jmuns

Same issue.  I implemented a variation of your solution.  I connected to an access point here at the office that is used for guests.  It doesn't operate inside of our firewall.  As soon as I connected to that and sent a few test messages, they went immediately.  Switched back to the private/internal access point and the problem reappeared.  So, probably not a Verizon problem but rather a Google Messages software issue.

Thanks for putting me on the right track!

0 Likes

Kel322

But Verizon is so happy to assist you and understands your frustration! Are they not the worst??

Thanks for posting the tip about the wifi calling. I have the same issue -- usually at work -- and have turned the wifi off when I have this issue while trying to send a text. But it doesn't happen all the time and turning the wifi off doesn't always seems to work; I never thought about the wifi calling feature -- totally forgot that I even had that enabled.

When I consistenly have issues and nothing seems to work, I will clear my system cache, which usually helps.

0 Likes

landyboy20

I have had this issue while connected to my work wifi as well. I work in the IT security department and have searched our firewall logs and do not see any blocks coming from my phone that would line up with my firewall blocking the text from being sent.

I have an unlocked S10 running android messanger.  They allow wifi calling in the unlocked S10 (they did not on the S8) so I had it turned on. I just turned it off today to see if the issue goes away.

In the past i would also disable my wifi to send texts.

I also use the Messages for web and recieve the issue.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Landyboy20, I know how important being able to send a text message is to you. This is definitely an essential feature to have on your cell phone. No worries, we will definitely get to the bottom of things for you. Does this error occur on every message no matter who you send it to? What troubleshooting steps have you tried? 

DiaS_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

robjm

I recently started having this problem as well.

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S7

My messaging app is Messages (by Google)

The issue only occurs at home and only started after I switched ISPs and got a new router. The router I have is an Asus RT-ACRH13. My ISP is Greenlight Networks (Fiber). I recently purchased a public IP so I'm no longer on the Carrier NAT, but the problem still occurs.

I also seem to miss calls occasionally. I only know when I've missed a call when I see that I have a voicemail, even though the phone is sitting next to me.

My current workaround is to turn off WiFi when I'm responding to texts. This issue does not occur with the rest of my family who are on Iphone.

0 Likes

I am having the issue at work and I initially thought it was a problem with the controller IOS that I was running, but in reading some of your response, the issue is not related to the controller at all, but with the VZ network??  The issue does not appear to affect the iPhones, but other brands like Google phones, Androids etc..  Besides turning off WI-Fi calling I have not seen any other solution for this.  Has anyone??

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Silvio_Menezes, You've come to the right place for assistance. In order to better assist you, tell us in more details about your concerns with teleservice ID? Does the problem only exist at work?

TrinetteW_VZW

0 Likes

For my phone (S10+ running Android v9),  the setting was in a different place:

- From a Home screen, tap the Phone icon (lower-left).
- Tap the Menu icon then tap Settings.
- Tap the Wi-Fi Calling switch to turn on or off . If prompted, review the info then tap TURN OFF Wi-Fi CALLING when prompted.

0 Likes

cremacs99

I just started using Google Messages because the Message+ app worked inconsistently for me.  Someone mentioned about connecting to a wireless network and experiencing it.

I think there's something being blocked with the Google apps (I've haven't done a packet capture yet to look at what's getting blocked) but I also have an issue with Google Voice while on my work 'guest' network.  While it's supposed to go directly out to the internet, something is being filtered or the AP/wireless system doesn't like something with either voice or messages, but I can't send/receive with either while the wireless is enabled on my phone.

If I can identify the issue via a capture, I'll post an update.  

0 Likes