Invalid Teleservice ID?

Dechow

Seems like half of the time recently my text messages will not send and a minute later I get an error message about "invalid teleservice id", asking me to tap to resend. Sometimes I have to try 2 or 3 times before the message sends. What's going on?    I have a Note 4 and use Android Messages for texting.

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: Invalid Teleservice ID?

Community Manager
Community Manager

I know first the importance of being able to send a message on the first attempt, Dechow. I am happy to assist. Is the error message occurring with all of your contacts or just one? Also, have you tried using Verizon Messages+ or any other messaging applications? Lastly, when did the issue begin? Have there been any recent updates to the device?

Greg_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

Dechow

I switched over to Verizon Message+ a couple of days ago and it is doing the same thing, but less frequently.  The issue began just within the past couple of weeks.  I have not updated the device, unless there were things that happened automatically.  Two things have changed on my phone within this timeframe.  One was a changeover of my bank's online services that required a new app. The other was that I began using Calls Blacklist in order to try and get a handle on the desperate number of spam calls I get every day.  The messaging problem happens when neither one of these apps is open.  I haven't wanted to delete either of these apps (esp the bank), but if you think either might be suspect, I can try that.

0 Likes

Dechow

And it happens with multiple contacts, not just one.  With contacts inside and outside Verizon service.

MBojo

I have the same problem, tech support has been trying to solve it since May.

0 Likes

Dechow

Well a month later and zero customer support from Verizon.  Nice.

As it happens, once I changed to Verizon Message+ the problem began occurring less and less frequently.  I changed nothing else on the phone setting or apps, so all I can guess is that Verizon had some sort of issue with Android Messages.  Haven't seen the problem in a couple of weeks now.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

MBojo, I can certainly understand your concern and I will be happy to assist you in regard to this issue. What is the make and model of your device? What messaging system are you currently using at this time? Have you recently updated or installed a new application since this issue started to happen?

KevinM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

RobPecor

Is there any update on this?
I have found a way to reproduce this:

Have both your cell service on and WiFi, and have the WiFi connected to a protected network, such as behind a firewall.  I am unsure what ports are blocked, and there is on way I can get that information in our work production network.

When I am connected to my work's WiFi, texting does not work, as well as many other items that require access to the Internet. 

P05TMAN

Since VZ is hopelessly ignorant, unaccommodating, uncaring and the worst carrier imaginable, I went about troubleshooting this on my own as this occurs to me as well. Additionally, I vehemently reject the notion that I should use VZ garbage bloatware for my messaging service as a resolution.

Solution:
I've noticed that this only seems to occur when WiFi Calling is enabled. Once WiFi calling is disabled, this issues ceases to become a problem. On Android, you can usually find the option to disable this under the Advanced Calling setting. Not sure where this setting may be on iPhone though, but I'm sure it's only a Google search away. Hopefully this helps someone since this thread has been ignored by VZ's outrageously inefficient staff.

SLightfoot

After fighting with this for over 1/2 year, (the highlight of which was being told by Verizon tech support that "Error 4: Invalid Teleservice ID" isn't an error code that exists and "have I tried googling it"...), I believe I've found a workaround for those able to set it up!

The details for those who care:

• I'm using an S9+, issue persisted over multiple Android versions
  • The problem occurs while using any of the messaging apps including Verizon's
  • The phenomenon is only noticed when connected to a specific router.
  • (relevant later) Running Windows 10 with PIA as my VPN

In my case, this error only happens when connected to my office WiFi.  Someone savvier than myself will need to explain why this works, but I've had zero interferance or message delay since setting up this workaround:

While my laptop uses the same internet connection at my office, it is connected via ethernet cable.  I create a mobile hotspot over WiFi, and connnect to that with my phone.  Seamless thus far, will update this message should things change!

Hope this saves the time and sanity of others out there!