Re: Invalid Teleservice ID?

Community Manager
Community Manager

ehodzic,

We certainly appreciate you providing that information as it is very helpful. I understand that you mentioned that the problem is not happening on all Wi-Fi networks so we want to look closer into what could be causing this issue. Do you notice a pattern when it comes to which Wi-Fi connections won't complete this step? Do you know if the connections that are giving you problems are protected by additional security? Is it a certain area or type of Wi-Fi connection that has the issue?

CandiceH_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

fyi00

In my case it didn't matter whether I was connected to Wi-Fi or to mobile internet - the error was there regardless. Natually, the type of Wi-Fi did not matter either.

0 Likes

ehodzic

Don't know much about this WiFi network, it is a guest network at work.

No problem to connect to the WiFi network.

It is SMS and MMS messages and phone calls that don't get through in either direction while I am connected to the guest WiFi at work:

- I send SMS and a minute later get "Error 4: Invalid Teleservice ID"

- I am sent SMS message that I never receive, occasionally I will receive messages as I get off the WiFi network.

- I try to place phone call and it does not get connected at all, no signal, no ring tone.

- I am called by someone, I don't get any notification about the call, as if I wasn't called at all.

This is very very bad. I am ready to return this phone and switch the network.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

We never want to see you leave our network. So you don't run into this issue with your home Wi-Fi, ehodzic? Are you able to use this device with a public Wi-Fi? Have you reached out to the team that controls your work Wi-Fi to see if this happens with other devices? What did they say? JoeL_VZW

0 Likes

Noteh8

Samsung Note 8, Android version 9, Build PPR1.180610.011.N950USQS6DS13. 

Last Android update Oct 22nd, 2019.

ISP Force Broadband connection via microwave uplink (I think), highspeed 115MBps down.

Router Google Wifi point using 2.4Ghz signal.

Starting Oct 31st roughly 8:15am I received the error 4: invalid teleservice ID message while using Google Messages to text a single recipient. After receiving the first error My phone displayed the error for any recipient I chose including my own phone.  A reset of the device corrected the issue temporarily, approximately five messages could send before the error returns.

Upon closer observation my phone notifies me the problem exists before I send any text. Switching from any app to Messages my phone displays a light banner notification stating "no SMS connection". At that point I am assured of the error 4 message after any send attempt. I can reestablish the connection by toggling the Wifi radio(?) off and on. 

My wife's phone, Pixel 3, does not display the error 4 message but her's is also dropping the SMS connection only on the Google Wifi router. Hers functions normally when connected to her work Wifi, Oct31 and Nov1.

I have no mobile signal connection at any point in this, Wifi is all I operate on 90% of the time. The error 4 is new as of Oct31 but I have noticed my phone with delayed reception (no incoming text until I wake it up, possibly establishing the dropped SMS connection?) for approx 1 to 2 weeks (latest update ?).

Not sure if this helps or if this is even a Verizon issue but any help would be most appreciated and if there is some way I can help, test a configuration or any other way, I am able to do so, just let me know.

Thank you

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Noteh8

We know how important it is that you're able to send text messages. I personally keep in touch with everyone through messaging myself, so I understand the importance of getting this problem fixed right away. We have submitted this issue to the manufacturers of several of the devices mentioned in the thread. As this thread continues, we will provide any updates from the manufacturer's that we receive. EdwardL_VZW

0 Likes

ehodzic

> So you don't run into this issue with your home Wi-Fi, ehodzic?

No problem on the home WiFi, no problem at another company WiFi.

> Are you able to use this device with a public Wi-Fi?

Not sure.

> Have you reached out to the team that controls your work Wi-Fi to see if this happens with other devices? What did they say?

They said no special configuration, but there are two WiFi networks: main corporate and guest. No one else has had the problem (out of about 15 people, not sure whether they use corporate WiFi or guest WiFi; I use the guest WiFi.)

0 Likes

Cheese2

This started happening in my wife's Galaxy S9 too. So far, we've only noticed it when texting our daughter (on Verizon, and the same account). We are prepaid customers that are new to Verizon (been in the device for less than 2 weeks). Hopefully resolution is coming, if not, we too will need to find a new provider.

0 Likes

ehodzic

Sorry, no pattern noticed yet.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Besides your work Wi-Fi, what other Wi-Fi networks give you the same problems? 

UbaldoJ_VZW

0 Likes