Re: Invalid Teleservice ID?

cremacs99

BTW, I've always had wifi calling turned off.  Turning on or off made no difference.  Disconnecting from the WLAN in my office and only using my phone data permitted me to send messages and make/receive google voice calls.

0 Likes

robjm

Thanks cremacs99.

In my case I decided that the new router was the variable, so I tinkered with the settings. Eventually it seemed that changing the channel bandwidth of the 2.4GHz band to 2MHz seemed to halt the issue. We'll see though. I haven't been home much to test it.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

cremacs99,

We know how important it is that you're able to send text messages. We have submitted this issue to the manufacturers of several of the devices mentioned in the thread.We are very glad you've found your own resolution for now as a workaround. As this thread continues, we will provide any updates from the manufacturer's that we receive. JosephT_VZW

0 Likes

Kc715

You rock, thank you.

0 Likes

donnala845

I have a galaxy s9- the phone's been replaced after torubleshooting this same issue adnauseum. I even sent it to samsung. they replaced several things including the motherboard, antennae, camera, etc. it did not resolve the issue. The nre (refurbished) replacement phone is having the excact same issue. The only workaround for me is to turn off the wifi and re-send. then turn it back on. it's super frustrating.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Donnala845, it sounds like you have been working hard to ensure that your messages are working smoothly and we are sorry to hear that you have been so much. Please allow us the opportunity to get to the bottom of this. Which messaging application do you use with your phone? Do you find that this happens on a specific Wi-Fi connection?When did this begin? LorenB_VZW 

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

fyi00

Appears to be related to Wi-Fi calling. This problem started right after my phone (Samsung Galaxy S9+) offered me to turn on wi-fi calling. Switching the wi-fi calling OFF resolved the issue. The SMS messages started going out again no problem, even when connected to wi-fi.

Seems to be a rather straightforward bug (and therefore it should be very much known to Verizon), but based on the replies of others, the technical support will drag you through hours of steps without arriving to a solution.

0 Likes

els1

Is it fair for you to be that critical?  KIndness does usually give better results.  

0 Likes

ehodzic

For me it happens on some WiFi networks but not all.

Turning WiFi off resolves the problem for me.

But that is not a solution! I need both WiFi and texting SMS / MMS, at the same time, ideally all using WiFi, but at least need them functional!

0 Likes

ehodzic

And, I am using S10e, the problem has been there from the beginning.

The problem is also not just SMS / MMS, but phone calls. Phone calls won't get through when someone calls me if my phone is connected to WiFi at work...

Turning WiFi Calling option off does not help.

Only turning WiFi completely off helps.

0 Likes