Highlighted

International Data

So I decided to move from business to a private plan. Then I decided to travel. What a mistake! While traveling I needed the international data package; therefore I called in the verizon global international number. After an hour on the phone, after having gone through each point by point, the representative Travis tells me to call another verizon number in an hour and he will hopefully have my concern resolved!

So after an hour , I called the number Travis gave me. Another representative, Julie,  answered the phone and we started our long journey of questioning that would take (potentially and if patient) additional 45-60 minutes. Thanks God I had my Skype, because I did not have my international data, how could have i even called the Verizon?!  Do they ever ask that question? So kudos to Skype!  The representative started with the same questions, and so on..... and so it happens in the world of business that no one could help, and there were this tough rules they could not go by. Needless to say, that when I was running our family business, we had over 100 lines, and spent tens of thousands if not hundreds of dollars.

So it happens, since my account was a new account, and less than 90 days old, I was not qualifying for the international data package. I offered a deposit, upfront payment, credit card. I begged only for a month of the data. Nothing. The rules are rules.There are no exception to the (rules) even at the cost of losing two executives. That's not it.  I have sent in my drivers license and SSN copy, taken by my phone(digital form, correct?) as a digital form requested at the point of opening of the new account. They have lost that email. and information as well, so I had to supply them with confirmation numbers several times. As it happened, that digital media was not allowed as per  Verizon rules!  The only accepted version of the same documents would be accepted through (digitally) scanning or faxing. Why was not I informed of all these rules prior to opening the account, because I would have never continued with Verizon. After having made dozen of calls, spoken to every supervisor on the shift, i find out these were not acceptable documents! I have had the phone lines for 3 weeks,I  was traveling and had no international data! What an amazing business trip that was. So I am still traveling, trapped with the phone of no use.

Needless to say, Verizon will not have my services for 90 days. Remember Verizon, listen to your customers, they are trying to tell you something.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: International Data

Leader

They do have some silly rules when it comes to things like this. When my better half took over the account in order to get a discount we were unable to make any changes for the first 30 days, despite having a perfect payment record for the last x amount of years on the other account. Did you try to add the international plan online? I always try to do things myself before contacting Verizon.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Thank you!  I did try adding the international plan online and it did not allow me. The representative told me that it was not allowed because the account was less than 90 days Smiley Sad So i am trapped here in Asia on a business trip .

0 Likes
Highlighted

Leader

Something to try would be to get a local SIM card that you can use (though I've never been to Asia). It would be the equivalent to someone from overseas coming here and getting a prepaid account. From there you will have access to data and minutes (however you'd need to verify where you can call with those minutes.) If you can't call him, I suggest downloading a free app; I personally use WhatsApp for all my international calling because it can be used over Wi-Fi and it's free, it also offers text messaging. I just make sure my family and friends have the app.

0 Likes