Highlighted

Insurance

I have had my phone since Oct 2014.  I didn't get insurance at the time of purchase.  Can o get it now or is it too late?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Insurance

Sr. Leader

Sometimes Verizon/Asurion will run a promo once a year for open enrollment.  Im not sure of the terms or requirements but it's usually found in your Messages/Notifications area in My Verizon.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Sometimes Verizon/Asurion will run a promo once a year for open enrollment.  Im not sure of the terms or requirements but it's usually found in your Messages/Notifications area in My Verizon.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

I just had an offer to add insurance to my line in my notifications. Guess they're not set up to notice I already have the insurance before generating the offer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Probably a blanket notification to all customers.  I used to get them and had insurance already as well.

0 Likes
Highlighted

I'm debating dropping the insurance because I take good care of my cellphones and have never had any issues. Always have a screen protector and case on it, etc. But I also believe in Murphy's law! LOL

0 Likes
Highlighted

Leader

If you're generally careful with your phones you could start your own insurance plan by paying yourself the monthly fee you're currently being charged. Put it in a savings account that is dedicated solely to being your insurance fund. If you never have to use it then it continues to grow. If you do ever need it you may find that you've saved enough that you either have the full amount to cover a replacement (or more!) or you've saved enough that you would only have to add what would have been your deductible (or less) had you kept paying for insurance. And instead of getting a refurbished device you could opt to get a brand new one. Just some food for thought for those that are considering dropping insurance because they never or rarely use it.

Highlighted

@kaebfly that's exactly what I've been thinking! I guess you helped push me off the fence about it and that's what I'm going to do.

Now, how do I go about cancelling it? I feel too lazy today to research and hope somebody can just answer my question off the top of their head. Anybody?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Leader

I haven't had insurance on my devices for years (I self insure as mentioned) but back when I removed the feature I did so in My Verizon. Not sure if that's still something you can do but I imagine that you can call customer service to get it removed also.

Highlighted

Sr. Leader

I either called or chatted with Verizon...most likely called them and the change was instant.  I was in My Verizon at the time making sure it was effective while on the call.  I was refunded a pro-rated amount for the rest of the month I had already paid.

Highlighted

Thanks kaebfly

I will try My Verizon first, I would rather stub each and every one of my toes individually on the hardest and sharpest piece of furniture before I even think about calling customer service!

0 Likes