Increasing bill

Elainemendoza

I noticed my bill keeps going up slowly. I have called several times and they keep saying it's just taxes. I know taxes do not go up every 3 months. I never go over my data and I monitor my usage. Is this a scam or is there a reasonable explaination? I used to have t-moble and my bill never fluctuated like this. I was with t-mobile for 10 nyears! I'm starting to think this is a mistake.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Increasing bill

Not applicable

The FCC charge changes every 3 months. Sometimes it goes up sometimes down. Verizon sometime changes it's fees but not usually often or very much. Their administration fee went up in January from 88 cents per line to 95 cents. For the record I checked and in Jan 2012( as far back as I have bills for ) it was 99 cents. In my state the 911 fee went from $1 per line to $1.16 in January. That's nothing Verizon can do anything about.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Weth
Sr. Leader

Go to the bill detail and look what has changed!   This is easy to figure out.  

Elainemendoza

I just switched back to paper billing because I am having trouble with viewing it on my phone. I just thought maybe there is a change in service charges or something and I'm trying to find out.

0 Likes

Weth
Sr. Leader

You didn't say how much it went up.  Taxes do change, but can't say that is it without seeing details.  Do you have a computer?  You can always print the paper bill from there even if you are paperless.  Log in to my verizon on the computer. 

0 Likes

Elainemendoza

Thank you. I am going to try it on my phone desktop again now that I signed up for this forum. I think that is what I needed to do.  Thank you for your prompt reply. It goes up little by little. It went up 1.50 like 5 months ago and then another .80 two months ago. Now it went up .50. This use to never happen to me and now that I switched to Verizon , my bill is never consistent. Just concerning if it keeps creeping up like this.

Elainemendoza

I expected it when taxes went up in January. And then I'm sure Verizon had to increase in their surcharge  Well now it's August so I don't think there was a tax change.

Not applicable

The FCC charge changes every 3 months. Sometimes it goes up sometimes down. Verizon sometime changes it's fees but not usually often or very much. Their administration fee went up in January from 88 cents per line to 95 cents. For the record I checked and in Jan 2012( as far back as I have bills for ) it was 99 cents. In my state the 911 fee went from $1 per line to $1.16 in January. That's nothing Verizon can do anything about.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

torr310

I also saw increasing misc. or surcharges going up about every month.  The range is from $0.20 to $1.90 estimated.  I don't feel comfortable and I expect my monthly bill stay the same unless more explanation on the changes. 

I live in the big city so Tmobile will be fine for me.  Considering the switch.

Ann154
Expert

Your detailed bill explains each one of those charges. Have you reviewed it?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

torr310

I checked and found all the increases coming from Verizon surcharges and Taxes/governmental surcharges.  They have been gone up $0.77 and $2.31 respectively from January.