Re: In two days I am leaving Verizon and switching to Tmobile or ATT, which one is better TMobile or ATT?

mroty

How can you know that they are all the same.  Can you back that up with a few examples please?   I don't have to settle with a company that lies.  So you say they all lie to us?

Highlighted

Re: In two days I am leaving Verizon and switching to Tmobile or ATT, which one is better TMobile or ATT?

mroty

I have 4 lines.   2 have unlimited data (no contracts and have been available for upgrades for some time).  One line is on contract which was promised the 6GB but got 2GB by Verizon error (it was done over the phone).  One I just added but its not a smart phone so just 9.99 a month for shared voice etc, but am getting her a smart phone this week and plan to move to another company if my line that should have 6GB isn't corrected because I need to know that Verizon is willing to fix mistakes before I enter into another agreement with them.  If they don't, then I will assume that they will make mistakes in the future and nt fix them.  I feel that other companies will catch up with them in regards to service coverage just due to the way they treat us customers and how many they are losing.

0 Likes

mroty

You are correct.  Even if I can spend less to get more, I will not do it until I know I can TRUST that Verizon will fix what their mistakes.  Period. I am afraid if I give up my unlimited with some promise from them, they will lie again and refuse to fix it.  I need to see them fix this for me to continue with them no matter how much they feel its not worth it.  It means the world to me feel that the company will make good on promises.

I have a very old plan and don't pay much for unlimited access on two of our 4 lines.  I own my phones outright and only one line has the issue.  They need to fix it or I leave and my family will eventually all leave when they see I did it.  I have a network of friends they may leave Verizon as well.  They are tired of them too so if they see me happy somewhere else, they will follow.  Verizon really should just give me what I signed up for.  It is very simple and stop being stubborn and treat me like a valued customer.  ugh!

0 Likes

clg92
Novice

Simple, Google "Tmobile, Sprint, At&t customer service reviews". Or simply take a look at their community forums on their website, that will gage whether or not you would want to join their company. All I'm saying is you are going to get this everywhere you go in the telecommunications world. None of them are known for their great customer service. No one really trusts phone companies lets be honest here. Like I said, that's not a huge thing for me because Verizon has the best coverage. I was lost and driving in the middle of nowhere in PA and I still had coverage. That matters to me.

If you choose to leave Verizon don't get your hopes high that you will automatically encounter great service - that doesn't happen anywhere.

0 Likes

sprmankalel
Leader

Just as I thought. You don't really want to remedy the situation. The More Everything plan is the only one you can switch to if you stay with VZW and change your plan. That's it. You pick your limit and stay within it. There is nothing for anyone to promise to you. You should read and know this.

Customer Agreement | Verizon Wireless

This agreement and the documents it incorporates form the entire agreement between us. You can't rely on any other documents, or on what's said by any Sales or Customer Service Representatives, and you have no other rights regarding Service or this agreement. This agreement isn't for the benefit of any third party except our parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and predecessors and successors in interest. Except where we've agreed otherwise elsewhere in this agreement, this agreement and any disputes covered by it are governed by federal law and the laws of the state encompassing the area code of your wireless phone number when you accepted this agreement, without regard to the conflicts of laws and rules of that state.

0 Likes

MiiHere
Leader

Here is a breakdown of what your plan could be with Verizon based on what you've said:

$100 - 15GB Data for all lines to share

$15 - Line Access Fee for out of contract phone (after month to month discount)

$40 - Line Access Fee for daughters phone that still has 1 year left on contract

$20 - Line Access Fee for basic phone

Total: $190 + taxes & fees

To add your daughter will depend if you do the edge program or 2-year agreement.

If you do 2-year agreement add $40 to your monthly bill PLUS you'll pay the 2-year price of the phone +$40 activation up front.

If you do Edge contract add $15 to your monthly bill PLUS the monthly Edge payment of the phone - usually $20-$35 a month, again that depends on the phone you get her.

If you do a comparable plan on At&T you'll pay around $320+ a month plus whatever you spend on new phones.

0 Likes

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

MiiHere wrote:

Here is a breakdown of what your plan could be with Verizon based on what you've said:

$100 - 15GB Data for all lines to share

$40 - Line Access Fee for daughters phone that still has 1 year left on contract

$20 - Line Access Fee for basic phone

Total: $190 + taxes & fees

To add your daughter will depend if you do the edge program or 2-year agreement.

If you do 2-year agreement add $40 to your monthly bill PLUS you'll pay the 2-year price of the phone +$40 activation up front.

If you do Edge contract add $15 to your monthly bill PLUS the monthly Edge payment of the phone - usually $20-$35 a month, again that depends on the phone you get her.

If you do a comparable plan on At&T you'll pay around $320+ a month plus whatever you spend on new phones.

The regular bill for 4 smart phone lines with phones on a 2 year contract and 15 GBS of data on ATT would be $290 a month.   That doesn't include the initial payment on each phone and the $40 per line activation fee.

OP can lower his initial layout of cash if he uses Next financing.  Next requires you pay sales tax only on new phones. 

THe monthly bill if he uses Next will be about the same, depending on the phones selected.

0 Likes

MiiHere
Leader

I was including a rough guess on taxes. That should have been + or -

0 Likes

mroty

I own all the phones and have a new iPhone 6 I paid for in full. Only my one daughter has a contract. We don't require phone nor s contract.

As I have stated this has nothing to do with the cost its trusting Verizon to be fair. I want to give my money to s company who prides themselves on integrity. I think that's a Mercedes or a Dyson level of luxury.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

mroty wrote:

Which one gives better customer service and is accountable to their customers?   That's what I care about.  I don't care which one costs more than the other.  Lower bill is just a bonus for the situation.

You will find stories like yours with ALL carriers. So to answer your question, there are customers at ALL carriers who think their carriers are untrustworthy.

If you want to find the level of trustworthiness of other providers, it may be better to ask on THEIR forums. I am sure you will get responses from some saying they are trustworthy and others saying they are the worst, just like here at Verizon.Smiley Happy