In two days I am leaving Verizon and switching to Tmobile or ATT, which one is better TMobile or ATT?

mroty

I have received quotes from both companies and I get a greater savings and with T-Mobile I not only save $100 a month on the phones on my plan, all 4 of them get unlimited data, voice and text.

Last year I signed my daughter up for a plan that was supposed to get 6 GB of data and have been paying the agreed amount, someone at Verizon made a mistake and entered it as a 2GB plan for the same cost!!!  I has an existing number and when I upgraded the phone for my daughter she asked for a new phone number.  They said they could do it all at one time without any confusion, however it didn't grandfather over as they promised and they made a mistake of making it look like I added a new line. They all agree when I call Verizon that they made a mistake and that I should be getting 6GB of data for that line and I call every month for the past year and put in a claim, but they refuse to fix it!  Their claim is that I needed to notice THEIR MISTAKE withing 60 days.  Hmmmm, well since my bills were exactly what they should be because my daughter had not gone over 2GB for the first two bills, I had not reason to scrutinize my bill and look further into it, so when the next month came and I got over charged, I noticed and told them of their mistake.  I have had numerous reps actually tell me outright that it is supposed to be 6GB and that it will get corrected.  But it never gets done.  Instead they keep refusing and hold that line hostage while trying to sell me on moving that line along with my two other lines that have the old unlimited data to a new plan and I really feel that that is why they are doing this.

Bottom line!  It was Verizon's mistake and they are not providing any customer service to make it right so I DO NOT TRUTST them enough to change anything ever again.  Unless they make right on my daughters lines making it the 6GB as promised we are all leaving in before the end of the week.  I have an appointment on Wednesday to buy them all new iPhone 5's from apple directly and I have already bought my own iPhone 6 so kept my unlimited acct with Verizon.  Its not about the cost, its about TRUST!!!  I no longer trust that Verizon cares about their customers and think that losing one customer like me won't affect their big empire, but they are wrong.  I have a network of people in my life that have watched me go through this aggravation and they will lose more customers one I leave.  Its very sad that after being with Verizon fir 15 years that would breach a contract with me.  They certainly hold tyheir customer's accountable to contracts charging ridiculous termination fees.  Its too one sided and if they do not give my daughter her 6GB of data as promised, I am switching!  Done!  Done!  Done!  And that is going to be my last memory and forever my opinion of the com[any if this is how they allow our relationship to end.

Instead of looking for a reason to fix their mistake, they look for a loop hole to get out of fixing it and out right refuse to!!!!!! 

Very awful greedy and concerning behavior on Verizon's part!

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: In two days I am leaving Verizon and switching to Tmobile or ATT, which one is better TMobile or ATT?

MiiHere
Leader

Have you tried to log into her account online and change her plan yourself? Have you actually crunched the numbers of moving all 3 lines onto the same account? I realize you would lose your unlimited data; which is being phased out anyway, but how many GB does everyone use a month? Between the 2 separate bills how much are you paying for 3 lines?

0 Likes

Re: In two days I am leaving Verizon and switching to Tmobile or ATT, which one is better TMobile or ATT?

sprmankalel
Leader

We are not here as a community to help you figure out which carrier to leave VZW for. Go read the posts on the community for the carrier you are thinking about switching to. That is how you can decide.

If you want us to make suggestions on how to remedy the situation then please post and answer the questions asked in the previous response.

Otherwise, hope you have good luck with the new carrier.

0 Likes

MiiHere
Leader

I'm here just to help, even if it means suggestion a different carrier; which I will do, but not before trying to help.

I may disagree with how rash it is to just up and switch because of a problem, that's entirely up to them. However I do agree that we may be able to help remedy or at least provide more insight on the situation before it gets to that.

0 Likes

sprmankalel
Leader

I am not here to give suggestions of where to go. Sure, it is rash to just jump ship but I feel like the OP may benefit from a More Everything plan and get more for less cost. However, I can tell from the first post that this is a situation where the OP may just be stubborn and not want to hear suggestions on how the situation could get worked out. It seems that s/he wants exactly what s/he wants and nothing is going to change that even if the potential to spend less and get more is there.

0 Likes

MiiHere
Leader

It may seem like that, but I am not going to assume anything until they respond.

0 Likes
Highlighted

mroty

Its not a problem with changing the plan.  If I change it, they charge more.  I was supposed to have 6GB with the plan we are all ready on and they refuse to fix it.  We have waiting with a great deal of patience and put in dozens of claims.  It's been over a year.  Due to the breach of contract, they should waive any early termination when I leave.  I posted this also because I hope that Verizon stops being a bully and fixes it.  I won't get on any other plans with them until I know I can TRUST THEM.  Its about trust. 

0 Likes

mroty

They have responded and keep refusing to fix it.  They are not trust worthy and shady with they way the handle contracts.

0 Likes

mroty

Its not really rash if I have been disputing this for over 12 months now and have put in more than a dozen claims.  They won't fix it.

0 Likes

MiiHere
Leader

Go with T-mobile if you don't mind the lack of service coverage, but in exchange you'll appreciate the lowered bill.

Go with At&T if you want better service than T-mobile, but not quite as good as Verizon. You'll pay the same or a bit more than you're already paying with Verizon.