IMEI for my device is not on the Verizon network, but it is a factory unlocked iPhone 6 ?

ehdawg

When I insert a verizon SIM with a contract or prepaid, the device works perfectly, but the website says it is not compatible with the network. Specifically, "The phone associated with the Device ID you entered is not compatible with the Verizon Wireless network."

What gives?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: IMEI for my device is not on the Verizon network, but it is a factory unlocked iPhone 6 ?

Snn5
Sr. Leader

If you didn't buy the phone from Verizon then the IMEI number is not in Verizon's database.

Highlighted

Re: IMEI for my device is not on the Verizon network, but it is a factory unlocked iPhone 6 ?

Weth
Sr. Leader

There are only 2 types of iPhone 6 recognized by the Verizon network. These are:

1) Verizon branded iPhone 6

2) SIM free iPhone 6 bought directly from Apple

All other unlocked iPhone 6 will not be in Verizon's database. If you put an already active SIM in the phone, it will work, but the network will report it as an incompatible or unknown phone. It also will not be eligible for the $15 or $25 per month out of contract (month 2 month) access pricing.

Highlighted

ehdawg

Yeah, obviously. But WHY? My phone is unlocked, why won't Verizon recognize it as a valid device? It doesn't make sense if other unlocked phones from Apple work.

0 Likes
Highlighted

ehdawg

Obviously. But unlocked phones from Apple are in the database.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Weth
Sr. Leader

Verizon is still at its base a CDMA network that is not based on SIM cards but registered IMEI number and Verizon chooses to not add these.  Verizon could if it wanted too, but for whatever business decision is does not.  Obviously.