I would like to know how to file an offical official complaint before escalating to the BBB

I was told by customer service I could pay off my current phone and upgrade to a new device. I would be able to trade my old device in for 450 dollars.  I asked several times if this was correct because in store they told me I had to open a new line to get this credit. The agent promised me several times it was correct and even verified it for me. After a 2 hour conversation, I upgrade my phone costing me hundreds of dollars in taxes, fees, etc... I got my new phone. I called back because I have not recieved my trade in box yet and was told that promo does not exis . I asked to please pull the recording of the phone call from aug 11th. This was something they dont do. I am very upset about this situation and want to get ahold of someone who has the power to fix it. When a verizon rep tells a customer something over and over again it should be honored by verizon regardless. 

Thank you

0 Likes

Re: I would like to know how to file an offical official complaint before escalating to the BBB

bearone21
Leader

good luck with the bbb.

0 Likes

Re: I would like to know how to file an offical official complaint before escalating to the BBB

rempson
Novice

Was your conversation on the phone or on chat?  With chat, you receive an email with a copy of your entire conversation and any statements/promises made by Verizon. 

Recently I had a similar experience, but luckily I had my conversation in chat, thus it was 'recorded'.  I was promised trade-in and an additional $300 discount on my new phone upgrade.  After receiving my new phone, I did receive my trade-in, but no discount.  Numerous chats with Verizon kept producing the same results, Vz telling me I was not eligilble. 

I contact BBB on a Saturday morning and Monday morning, Vz called me and assured me that I would  get the discount.  I am now receiving my discount and trade-in value as promised.

Good luck and do pursue this.  

0 Likes