Highlighted

I was told by an online customer service rep that if you don't call in after paying off an Edge contract, that you won't receive the month to month discount on that line.. Is this true?

MissyAL

I paid 3 Edge contracts off on 2/6, and noticed that my current bill did not reflect the $25/per line discount for those being month to month.. I contacted a CSR via the Chat option.  I was told that they wouldn't apply the discount to the current billing cycle that began on 2/7, because I didn't call them??  So I never would have gotten the discount, if I hadn't contacted them?  That sounds a little fishy..

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: I was told by an online customer service rep that if you don't call in after paying off an Edge contract, that you won't receive the month to month discount on that line.. Is this true?

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
0 Likes

Re: I was told by an online customer service rep that if you don't call in after paying off an Edge contract, that you won't receive the month to month discount on that line.. Is this true?

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
0 Likes

MissyAL

Seems that somebody can back date this.. maybe I should try calling them, instead of doing a chat session.

0 Likes

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

MissyAL wrote:

Seems that somebody can back date this.. maybe I should try calling them, instead of doing a chat session.

Verizon will not back date a discount. You have to have the discount applied to your account and active during the billing period for it to be reflected on your bill. Being eligible for a discount does not equal having the discount applied to your account. Verizon only gives a discount to your account if you are eligible AND you have the discount properly applied during the billing period.

Additionally, even though you are eligible and have applied the discount, the website will tell you when adding the discount that it can take 1-2 billing cycles for the discount to take effect. Each time I have added it to my account, though, it was shown on the first billing statement after I added it.

0 Likes