Highlighted

I want to customize alert tones for certain contacts on my LG G3.

SiBlMe

When I get a text message, the alert tone is the same no matter who the text is from. I can customize the alert color in each contact's profile but I'd have to be looking at my phone all day for that to help.On my Galaxy S3 there was a place under contacts to customize the tone. I don't see that field anywhere in my LG. If it's not there, is there any way to add it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: I want to customize alert tones for certain contacts on my LG G3.

SuzyQ
Sr. Leader

A third party texting app may allow you to add custom alert tones for contacts.  Ringo: Ringtones & Text Alerts - Android Apps on Google Play  is one.

Sometimes apps like this can cause other issues, so you need to try them, and see if they do accomplish what you want without other issues.

0 Likes

Snn5
Sr. Leader

Unfortunately the G2 and G3 do not allow this option as of yet.

0 Likes

SuzyQ
Sr. Leader

A third party texting app may allow you to add custom alert tones for contacts.  Ringo: Ringtones & Text Alerts - Android Apps on Google Play  is one.

Sometimes apps like this can cause other issues, so you need to try them, and see if they do accomplish what you want without other issues.

0 Likes

Snn5
Sr. Leader

True.  LightFlow is awesome.  You can customize the lights and sounds for many apps.  Used it on my GNex.

0 Likes