I've gotten a message that I did not keep my arrangement. Is my service going to be disconnected?

MONWOR53

I made a payment arrangement.  On the day due, I made the payment via check by phone.  I was offered the option to post date the check and did so.  Now I've gotten a message that I did not keep my arrangement.  Is my service going to be disconnected?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: I've gotten a message that I did not keep my arrangement. Is my service going to be disconnected?

Verizon Employee

We are glad to hear that you were able to get the assistance you needed. However please keep in mind that if you future date the check to draft beyond the date you previously promised, the payment is then not received on the date you promised, breaking the promise to pay agreement.

yarelim_vzw

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Confusion about payment

chris1060

When you made the payment arrangement, the payment was due on that day. When you chose to postdate your check, (the option is available on check payments) the payment amount agreed on was not made on the agreed date. The system just saw the amount due wasn't received. The best thing to do is contact the Financial Service Dept., at 1-800-266-1445, which would have been the department that set up the arrangements.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Weth
Sr. Leader

MONWOR53 wrote:

I was offered the option to post date the check and did so.

If you knew it was the date you promised, why did you post date to a later date?  That makes no sense.  Of course you didn't keep your end of the promise.  Yes they can suspend you at any moment. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

MONWOR53

Jeez, Weth, thanks for the understanding.  Two reasons what I did made sense:  I am juggling things financially due to a temporary dip in my income, so looking for any grace I can get.  When I started to make the payment just as I had agreed and the automated system stated that a post dated payment was acceptable, I was happy to choose that option.  I spent fifteen minutes trying to find an actual person to talk to before making the payment, to verify that I was choosing an option that was, in fact, okay.  Verizon offered zero options for a live conversation, or even a live chat.  The customer service # posted led to an endless automated phone tree with no helpful information or options.  I tried the Sales phone number to see if that was a back way in and waited on hold for 15 minutes more with no answer at all.  The following day, the 20th, I followed up, called my local store and a person there gave me the solution to getting a live body on the phone:  call the customer service line, enter your mobile phone number, then ignore everything the automated system says and push "O" over and over again until an option for a live person eventually pops up.  I had already tried pushing 0, but hadn't sufficiently ignored what I was hearing and kept at it the 4-5 times it took.  Some system!  But I am glad that we worked it out. I've been a VZW customer since cell phones were invented.   Hope the rest of your day didn't produce further frustrations - we all have em.

0 Likes
Highlighted

MONWOR53

Thank you.  Pretty much what I figured, too.  Itt turned out, per customer service, that there was a little twist.  The payment had been applied to a current bill, not the past due one, probably for much the same reason you describe.  I couldn't find a direct number for financial services, despite a lot of digging, but a local store finally helped me bypass the phone tree and reach a live person in customer service.  She was terrific and connected me to FS, which was also very helpful.  They worked out a solution for which I'm grateful.

Highlighted

Re: I've gotten a message that I did not keep my arrangement. Is my service going to be disconnected?

Verizon Employee

We are glad to hear that you were able to get the assistance you needed. However please keep in mind that if you future date the check to draft beyond the date you previously promised, the payment is then not received on the date you promised, breaking the promise to pay agreement.

yarelim_vzw

View solution in original post

0 Likes