I paid my first bill, now it says I have another first bill, which is almost twice as much.

I paid my first bill of $78 something on December 9th with the 4GB plan. I then changed my plan to the 12GB plan, which should've only raised my bill by $30. Instead, my next is $168 something, and it says its my first bill, despite I already having paid the $78 one. It also says, despite going back to the 4GB plan, my next bill will be $95 something. What the [Removed] is going on?

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: I paid my first bill, now it says I have another first bill, which is almost twice as much.

The app and site is kinda funky like that. It's your second bill, I promise. In some cases you are only charged the portion of the month you had service for the first bill, then any one time charges that would normally appear on the first bill ends up on the second. When a plan change is backdated ( most likely what happened, which is OK, ) you are refunded then recharged plus a month in advance. Normally when you pay your bill, your covering next months costs, so if you payed the bill for the 4gb plan, but will be on the 12gb plan next month, obviously it would not match up. In this case, you are refunded the costs of the old plan, charged for the portion of this month you have the new plan, ( this is known as proration) then charged for next month on the new plan( known as a Month in Advance). When you decrease your plan, or change to a larger plan and lower your bill,(most customers moving from the More Everything plans to the new Verizon Plans) your refund make the next bill significantly cheaper as the refund is larger then the prorated charge and the month in advance combined. Yay. Either way, ensure you were not charged overage, and check to see what your monthly bill is supposed to be, as your higher bill most likely is not your monthly bill. Customer care: 1-800-922-0204.

Regards.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Re: I paid my first bill, now it says I have another first bill, which is almost twice as much.

The app and site is kinda funky like that. It's your second bill, I promise. In some cases you are only charged the portion of the month you had service for the first bill, then any one time charges that would normally appear on the first bill ends up on the second. When a plan change is backdated ( most likely what happened, which is OK, ) you are refunded then recharged plus a month in advance. Normally when you pay your bill, your covering next months costs, so if you payed the bill for the 4gb plan, but will be on the 12gb plan next month, obviously it would not match up. In this case, you are refunded the costs of the old plan, charged for the portion of this month you have the new plan, ( this is known as proration) then charged for next month on the new plan( known as a Month in Advance). When you decrease your plan, or change to a larger plan and lower your bill,(most customers moving from the More Everything plans to the new Verizon Plans) your refund make the next bill significantly cheaper as the refund is larger then the prorated charge and the month in advance combined. Yay. Either way, ensure you were not charged overage, and check to see what your monthly bill is supposed to be, as your higher bill most likely is not your monthly bill. Customer care: 1-800-922-0204.

Regards.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Customer Support

In theory, there should only be one first bill, greeneyedfreckles87. Let's work together to discover why you have two first bills and why balance is different on each. We will send you a private message requesting some information from you. If you can provide us with the details then we can look into this unique billing issue.

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes