Highlighted

I need to factory reset my device before sending it in, but it has no power. What should I do?

My son dropped his phone in the toilet and it won't start. I have had an accepted claim through insurance, but before I send it back I am required to do a factory reset on it due to information. How do I do a factory reset on a phone that won't even come back on as it's been fried by the water? They mentioned something about sending everything to the cloud, but my son mostly used this to play games and the occasional text message and nothing more. So how do I meet their requirements and protect any information he may have had on there so it doesn't end up in strangers hands?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Need to Factory reset but has no power

Community Manager
Community Manager

Myers20032002,

This is a great question and I'm sorry for any confusion those directions gave you. If the phone won't come on then a factory reset cannot be done. Asurion will still accept the phone back. This is just a precaution to protect any personal information you had stored on the phone.

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Need to Factory reset but has no power

Community Manager
Community Manager

Myers20032002,

This is a great question and I'm sorry for any confusion those directions gave you. If the phone won't come on then a factory reset cannot be done. Asurion will still accept the phone back. This is just a precaution to protect any personal information you had stored on the phone.

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes