Highlighted

I need to cancel my account, but I cannot verify my identity over the phone

rwblankcom

I need to cancel my account, but I cannot verify my identity over the phone as I do not know what pin I entered, or what security answer I put in, and of course there are no recent numbers in my phone, but I'm still me, and I'm still the one who pays my bill, and I still need to close my account, and I need a way to do that. Honestly I'm getting quite frustrated here and am considering starting a lawsuit or submitting my story to a newspaper, I like verizon and thought I would get my next phone under verizon as well, but now I'm not so sure. But whatever the the case, even if I need to go somewhere in person with my id to prove that I'm the owner of my account, I need it closed.
I really hope that someone here can help me solve this issue, or direct me to someone who can solve this issue for me. I think that the better business bureau would find it as atrocious as I do that a person could get looped into payments that they don't want and cannot get out of, now I know that this was not the intention, but I really do need to cancel my plan because I cannot afford the bill.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: I need to cancel my account, but I cannot verify my identity over the phone

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

Stop by a Verizon Wireless store.

Highlighted

flutterfly8497

You should be able to verify with your SSN, address, account #, or something. I used to do customer service for a residential company and we would have to verify several ways if the caller couldn't verify the pin or password,  but it could be done.  Did you say you were calling to cancel? As awful as it would be if true,  it may be that if you just said you wanted to make changes or review your account, they would verify the account and you could reset your pin and carry on with your business.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Snn5
Sr. Leader

Go to a store with your ID.  It isn't Vzw's fault you don't know your log in and account information.

Stop all this caterwauling about lawsuits, newspapers, and BBB and FTC and FCC and whatever.

You got looped into making bill payments when you signed your service agreement.

That kind of talk doesn't even belong in a conversation about canceling service when you gave no reason to do so only that you needed to because you can't afford it, not because Verizon didn't hold up its end.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi rwblankcom!

I'm saddened to learn you want to cancel service with us and I'm here to help because we don't want to lose you! For additional assistance, please follow and Private Message me.  I look forward to hearing from you soon.

AyaniB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Highlighted

tikibar1
Sr. Leader

How To: Direct Message  and  AyaniB_VZW

0 Likes